Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Pacquiao get exposed in the Clottey fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
    How would a pot-shotting armadillo expose a boxer striving to get some openings which will obviously yield a result of the offensive fighter getting hit?
    your right bro, PAC gave clottey chances so he get some solid shot in...

I believe clottey's game plan was to get Manny tired out but it did not work, round 9 or 10 where Joshua made his moved and increased his activity PAC answered him punch per punch...

Comment

Cotto didn't get exposed against Clottey but Pacquiao did? Message board logic.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        your right bro, PAC gave clottey chances so he get some solid shot in...

I believe clottey's game plan was to get Manny tired out but it did not work, round 9 or 10 where Joshua made his moved and increased his activity PAC answered him punch per punch...
        Right mate!

You know how Buboy screamed all fight long: "....yan sige, sontokin mo sa baleeeekaaaat!!!..."

I just don't see this fight exposing anything but Clottey just pussied out, and got a huge payday.

Comment

He won 11 out of 12 ounds and purposely took punishment near the end to entertain the crrowd. So he got hit with some clean punches. It's a fight. Clottey is world class.

Comment

Only when Clottey got 3or4 solid hard uppercuts on him

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
              Everyone knows Clottey doesnt throw much punches but even he busted up Pacquiao with the little punishment he threw out there

Imagine what a Mayweather or Mosley, a guy with quick hands would do to Pac

And Clottey was barely fighting and had diarreah.

Comment

LOL at people using the Clottey fight to breakdown Pacquiao!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                  Everyone knows Clottey doesnt throw much punches but even he busted up Pacquiao with the little punishment he threw out there

Imagine what a Mayweather or Mosley, a guy with quick hands would do to Pac

You don't get it, yeah..imagine if a guy like Clottey opened up that night? There goes his defense. Everytime you punch you are open yourself.

Mosley would get stopped in 6, Mayweather....i'm not sure - he's got quicker feet than Clottey and quicker hands but he's definently not as strong.

Cotto tried opening up twice and got dropped, almost koed in the 4th.

I do agree that there are some things in the Clottey fight that showed Pacquiaos weakness. That's his defense. Pacquiao never get's hurt but he loses pts and could get cut if he eats to many punches being careless.

I also think that Clottey's defense that night was better than Mayweathers. Reason being: he was there to survive, there was next to 0 openings the way Clottey was fighting. Mayweather was tagged in his last fight, but his defense is more scientific, not as bullet proof but it allows Mayweather to counter punch back - which could be good...and bad.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 07-03-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I don't know how winning 120-108, 119-109 twice is being exposed in any way, shape, or form.

Comment

Yes Clottey exposed pacquiao's tremendous stamina , workrate , and great chin

Comment

Working...
                      X