Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30 Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165, Kell Brook 176!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Why is this a shocker? Golovkin has always been a smaller or regular sized middleweight, he walks around no more than 170-175 pounds. Other middleweights walk around well over 180.

Brook is a massive Welterweight, I been saying it for years this guy was like a man among boys at 147, when he was lean he was like 160 with very little body fat on fight night with tree trunk legs solid muscle, with body fat before the cut he had to have been in the 170s.

Don't be shocked if Brook knocks Golovkin out, Brook is no Amir Khan, Brook has a solid chin and is very strong in the grappling area.

Golovkin could struggle with Brook don't count him out.
    U don't know s$%& about boxing, brook is gonna get slaughtered, guaranteed, hope to see you after Sep 10 to see what you come with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Triple sac is not on ward's radar anymore. Ward has bigger fish to fry.
      Don't debate with doughnuts

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Yeah right. Anything rather than admit this is the 1st of 2 -3 easy paydays with virtually no risk of losing that HBO is giving GGG so he will be undefeated when Canelo fight in Sept 2017.
        Golovkin signed to fight Eubank Jnr, a top 10 ranked MW. It was Brook's promoter who brought Kell in when Eubank wouldn't sign the contract.

Most people thought Jnr was a good opponent for GGG, but I didn't. Jnr is too green and doesn't have a good team behind him, like Brook has. I think Kell Brook will test Golovkin more than Jnr would have done.

Canelo relinquished his belt rather than fight. so fuck him, he isn't part of this equation.

Comment

• Originally posted by batista84 View Post
          That's what most of the people can't see, it don't matter if the dude is 200 and can make 160, he's used to fight 160 guys, totally different when you go up and fight guys who are acliimatted to fight at that class.
          it doesn't matter what fighters are "use to". I don't think the debate is whehter its harder to move up in weight - obviously it is. What many are saying is that Brook is bigger than most welterweights, guys like Tim Bradley, Danny Garcia, Robert Guererro, Andre Berto (although not sure about Thurman and Porter) - which he is

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Golovkin signed to fight Eubank Jnr, a top 10 ranked MW. It was Brook's promoter who brought Kell in when Eubank wouldn't sign the contract.

Most people thought Jnr was a good opponent for GGG, but I didn't. Jnr is too green and doesn't have a good team behind, like Brook has. I think Kell Brook will test Golovkin more than Jnr would have done.

Canelo relinquished his belt rather than fight. so fuck him, he isn't part of this equation.
            Meh I think Eubank is underrated. He is definitely a pretty good an experienced fighter. Ofcourse he can use some more experience. But I like this fight mainly because the same people who were going "canelo done good, he is A side so he can fight khan, its fine" are now crying salt is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Most people thought Jnr was a good opponent for GGG, but I didn't. Jnr is too green and doesn't have a good team behind him, like Brook has. I think Kell Brook will test Golovkin more than Jnr would have done.

Exactly. Brook is a 5-1 underdog in the books. Guaranteed Eubank would've been a 20-1 underdog - for good reason. Bc he had no shot to win. Anyone that doesn't think Brook is a better fight than Eubank, I tend to question their boxing knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Since he is in the 170's and already has a 6 pack, i dont think he didn't stay in shape. Its not like Khan, where he was pudgy.
                yeah but that is way too heavy IMO.

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                I don't understand why people are killing GGG v Brook fight. Brook is an undefeated 147 lb titlist and one of the best welterweights in the world. Would I prefer to see Jacobs or Lara, sure. But lets not pretend that GGG had so many options for great fights at 160 and took the one 15 spots down on the list
                They are killing it because HBO allowed Canelo/GGG to wait until Sept 2017. this means every fight each has until then will be easy cash grabs neither will lose so as not to jeopardize that fight.

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                So when was the last time ward competed at 168 ? And when was all the controversy created with the ward golovkin on and off fight....ward had not boxed at 168 for two years so no he was not 168 and hadn't been that for two years...be consistent with the biased bull**** all the time...November 2013 was the last time ward competed at 168 and the ward golovkin saga happened in February 2015 ....as I said your right to condone golovkin for fighting brook but because it's ward your ok with it...be consistent ffs mr Dunn
                why are you talking about ward so much in a GGG/brook thread?

ward was 168 and GGG 160 wen that fight was discussed. Now GGG is 160 and brook is 147 and the fight is happening.

GGG wasn't getting anyone to fight him so the ward fight gave him a top flight opponent since no MW would. Brook has 147lb fighters to fight to clean the division out. we don't need him taking a big money fight just to get KTFO like Kahn did.

Comment

U don't know s$%& about boxing, brook is gonna get slaughtered, guaranteed, hope to see you after Sep 10 to see what you come with.
                  even if Brook does get slaughtered, then more props to GGG. Middleweights have been fighting welter champs for 100 years. I really don't understand why all of a sudden a legit, undefeated 147 lb champ is considered a bad fight for a middleweigt champ

Comment

• Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                    Some of you call yourself boxing fans, then you all should know just because he is this big means nothing. He campaign's at WW. It does mean he is not discipline worth a **** to blow up like that between fights. He doesnt fight at his blow up weight lol so it's meaningless. To use this to try and say GGG is fighting a guy his size is completely bull**** being that umm, how many fights has brook had at Mw. He still fighting a Ww no matter how much he blows up in between fights. ****ing shame he lacks discipline though. Ask Connor how it feels to fight above your weight and not the one you melt down to. 176 lol wtf. GGG is very dedicated I'd say that much. Still a Mw vs a Ww, true boxing fans know this.
                    You couldn't ve said it better, only the truth.

Comment

Now we know why Canelo didn't call out Brook, Canelo just picks on smaller guys all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X