No announcement yet.

Oscar planned October comeback?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar planned October comeback?

De La Hoya, aged 39 and, like Hatton inactive since being badly and comprehensively beaten by Manny Pacquiao, said he “thinks about coming back every singe day,” and that he began training for a planned rematch with current WBA middleweight champ Felix Sturm, the man he controversially out-pointed over 12-rounds to win the WBO 160-pound belt back in 2004.

Oscar had hoped to push his body through one last training camp and fight Sturm this coming October 20th – as the headline to the Brooklyn card that will instead be topped by Danny Garcia-Erik Morales II.

“I went running, I went training, did that for a few days,” De La Hoya said. “But my body couldn’t handle it. I’m 39, but I’m an old 39. If I have the desire of coming back, I go and work out, and there go those plans.”

Holy ****. Damn, I would have loved to see it.

He shoulda come back and fought Margarito. The fans would have loved it, and Oscar always had an easy time against guys that fought in that style.

Comment

oscar is a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        oscar is a loser.
        Says the guy with 10,000 posts on an internet forum...

Glad Oscar came to his senses. When the body says, "no", it's best to listen. He already stuck around too long.

Comment

I would have watched it. Old De La Hoya would be awesome.

Comment

oscar is a loser.

i'd hate to think of what you classify yourself

Comment

A wise decision by Oscar. He will never be near as good as he was when he was in his twenties and he is filthy rich. Why come back?

Comment

Well, at least Oscar is wise enough to recognize that his body doesn't follow his pride therefore unwise to put his health at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                  Says the guy with 10,000 posts on an internet forum...

Glad Oscar came to his senses. When the body says, "no", it's best to listen. He already stuck around too long.
                  Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post

i'd hate to think of what you classify yourself
                  U do realize that's over more than two years rite? I'm a avid fan but I'm hardly on here all day. And that doesn't change the fact that Oscar is a loser. Lol. He's a great boxer/promoter but he's still a loser. He does loser stuff. I may not have made millions in my career but I font dress up like women and ask ppl to stick butt plugs in my butt.

Comment

U do realize that's over more than two years rite? I'm a avid fan but I'm hardly on here all day. And that doesn't change the fact that Oscar is a loser. Lol. He's a great boxer/promoter but he's still a loser. He does loser stuff. I may not have made millions in my career but I font dress up like women and ask ppl to stick butt plugs in my butt.
                    He's a loser yet you idolize Floyd who has suspect relationships with Ellerbe and 50 Cent, and pays for his GF to appear on 24/7? Did I mention he hits women? Use some logic Mr. 10k + posts.

Comment

Working...
                    X