No announcement yet.

The Teddy Atlas Firemen Speech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slip stream View Post
    ha ha ha damn, it would be like saying did pacquiao eat too much spicy lechón the night he was getting schooled by mayweather. Why couldn't rios be guilty of eating too much fried chicken or mickey d's?
    lmao!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I'm surprised he didn't make any food references like he always does on ESPN.

Listen ta me.. Dat guy is like a burrita but he's missin impawtant ingredients... Da hot sauce.. Da chedduh! Da jalapenas!! He don't have any maw! He fahgot to go to da staw! Dat's why ya gotta open up da fridge and t'row some spicy siracha in his face!!

Comment

For me teddy's "We are fireman" speech eclipses Shakespeare's St Crispin's Day verse from Henry IV.

It definitely firmed my loins.

It was the stuff of boxing legend.

Comment

If my house catches on fire, I'm not calling 911, I'm calling Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Teddy Atlas is mentally unstable for those of you who don't know. When Donny Lalonde fired him before his fight with Sugar Ray Leonard in 1988, Teddy was infuriated to discover that Lalonde stood to make millions off that fight alone. It was said that Teddy could have earned anywhere from 10 to 30% Lalonde's purse.

So Atlas came up with a plan. He wanted to kill Lalonde. He bought a handgun and waited outside of Donny's apartment all night. When Donny came out Teddy planned on shooting him out of revenge. But Lalonde never came out since he wasn't home that night. Teddy later changed his mind about the whole thing.
            The man is not all there in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
              I think it was more for the cameras than anything else.
              Nah...that's just Teddy...he's always like that...why ya'll always gotta find something to hate about someone?...He's a good guy...

Comment

Bradley looked like he was dying in there, he just wanted to say stfu already bro, youre making us awkward on live TV

Comment

lmaoooooo Bradley's facial expression towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Good mention. I love the Iceman between rounds.
                    Thank you, JSF! Appreciate the mention!!

A couple things. The fire and the flame thing, thats the Cus D' Amato philosophy taught to him by Cus years ago...I know some of the guys who came up in the gym and era and they take Cus's teachings VERY seriously and to heart. To this day.

The thing about trainers and fighters is this: We know the fighters on a much more personal level than just their boxing, the punches they throw...we know what motivates and reaches them. What may often sound funny or odd to the outsider makes perfect sense to the fighter in most cases. Its like having your own private language that only the two of you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      This thread is dedicated to one best speeches I have heard in between rounds in boxing history. God I love atlas the sport needs him in the corner hahahahahahaha. Am I the only one that was tapping my leg all out laughing at this point in the fight? Im a bradley and atlas fan so im eating this **** up i love it

hahaha! watch Michael moorer / holyfield 1... Moorer is winning the fight & has one bad round & teddy calls the ref over to the corner & points & says do you want me to stop the fight? I'll stop it & ref walks away shaking his head

Comment

Working...
                      X