Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dredd best film of the year yet bombs at box office???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
    no way it can be better than TDKR
    It's hard to compare two different films, particularly when I personally went in with different expectations. I enjoyed the first two Nolan Batman movies, so I was disappointed by TDKR, even though I appreciated learning that if I ever broke my back it could be made as good as new by having my spine punched back in.

Whereas I had next to no interest in Dredd 3D and was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      whats the matter with you yanks. Has no one seen the latest dredd film. IT WAS brutually beautifully made film. I rate it above DKR.

Go see it...
      Tremendous movie, it truly is upsetting to see it do so poorly at the box office. Maybe Stallones movie put a bad taste in people mouths?

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        I feel like the movie didn't get enough promotion for some reason.

that stuff costs a boatload of money.

Comment

The movie will do better as more people will hear it wasn't like Stallone's corny original.

Comment

Yeah, people have got to stop thinking of Stallone's movie as the "original", that's part of the problem.

This **** is based on comic books. This new version is incredibly violent, incidentally. I'd like to see another based on this, but with a 50m budget (and I believe that's in pounds, so c. 80m) and 10m in box office receipts, it's gonna need a lot of DVD sales and word of mouth to get a sequel.

Comment

That should have been the marketing for this film:

"It's based on a comic that started in the 80s. Stallone's piece of crap WAS NOT THE ORIGINAL!"

Then it should have said "****s" for effect.

Comment

How ******ed can someone be when they wont watch a film based upon a different film with a different director and a different lead actor being ****?

Comment

In the defence of the average Yank, they possibly believe that it was an original concept created for Stallone, and that this is just a remake.

Comment

You guys should be complaining to Stallone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      You guys should be complaining to Stallone.
                      Stallone released an official statement. Nobody could understand a bloody word though.

Comment

Working...
                      X