Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Guerrero? Did you think Aydin won the fight or what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I actually think he can be competitive with Floyd, but I dont care. I HATE guys being gifted something they dont deserve. Khan, Bradley, Lamont, Berto, Ortiz, EVERYONE wants to fight Floyd. They are all fighting eachother to one day earn it. Robert just jumps classes, clears NONE of the divisions, and just thinks he should be handed the fight without any hard work. I dont care if he is competitive or not, I just dont want Floyd to fight anyone where their will be an asterisk like with JMM Who jumped classes. Everytime Floyd announces a fight, its a GREAT opponent and we all get excited. If he fights Robert, we have to sit through this long promotion, waste of money so he can hurry up, fight him, get that fight over with, then move on to a more credible opponent that has a name that will excite the boxing fans. I wont be interested in watching 24/7 with him and Robert, I wanna see Floyd fight a big strong guy like MAYBE Canelo or Ortiz, or Berto, or Martinez, or a guy like Pac. I dont want him to fight this tall, goofy, cotton punching, slick fighter..FOR WHAT???? I rather he fight Khan who has lightning speed, or a big power puncher like Berto, where Floyd has to avoid them all, or else be in trouble. ANY other fighter with a resume like Robert's, will say, "One day I want to fight Floyd, but I have allot of work to do" KHAN has a better resume, but he wouldnt fight Floyd until he cleared his division, yet Robert just wants to get HANDED a payday. He's a goofy looking, big eared DOPE!!
    its easy to be fixated on the fighters you mention because they are getting good exposure from the networks.... RObert has had his moments on TV and he just hasnt generated as much interest,,,, that may be a fault of his own but he works hard and has great skills.

P.S. I dont think he gets to fight Floyd and him wanting a payday is no reason to hate him

Comment

just finished watching the fight..and it was pretty close. i thought it could have been a draw..but i could also see guerrero winning by a round. it definitely was not a shut out for guerrero. but i guess the long lay off and the move up in weight is the reason why guerrero didn't look that strong.

Comment

props to guerrero for moving up in weight and beating a top 10 rank welter

but he didnt look impressive. he was visibly tired but dug deep and just kept punching

maybe its the ring rust but down the stretch there was no snap on his punches. it reminds me of guerrero fights with escobedo and katsidis

he won those fights clearly but in the second half of those fights both escobedo and katsidis started to be more effective.

thats three fights i have noticed guerrero fade in the second half

im a fan of the ghost but those are my observation of him

Comment

Guerrero just didn't look dominant, but the guy did win the fight so props to him. His punches just didn't seem to have much power behind them as Aydin's did and as he started getting into the championship rounds it just seemed to me like he was just avoiding being knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
            its easy to be fixated on the fighters you mention because they are getting good exposure from the networks.... RObert has had his moments on TV and he just hasnt generated as much interest,,,, that may be a fault of his own but he works hard and has great skills.

P.S. I dont think he gets to fight Floyd and him wanting a payday is no reason to hate him
            Amir Khan wanted to fight Floyd, but he always admitted that he wasnt ready yet, and even had accomplishments that he wanted, BEFORE getting the fight. He wanted to unify, and basically earn his slot. Robert doesnt want to unify, accomplish ANYTHING. He just wants to jump head first into a fight with Floyd. He wants a hand out.

Comment

Guerrero is good no doubt. But he barely won and almost got ko'd

He really dug deep in the last wto rounds but I think he know that as long as he stayed on his feet he'd win the fight.

Aydin landed cleaner punches but Ghost scored more points...hint, hint

Comment

I don't think it is "HATE" I just think people are just confused as to WHY he is being HYPED UP as an opponent for Mayweather

while I understand that yes he could use the Big Pay Day to take care of his Wife Medical Bills and all that stuff and I wouldn't mind if Mayweather was to fight him as a Warm Up/Come Back Fight...I can understand why some fans are questioning why he is even being Mentioned or Considered as a possible opponent for Mayweather...lets be honest, he really don't have a chance, all that would be is a PayDay for him

Comment

Well, by beating Aydin he has made himself the mandatory to Mayweather's WBC belt.

If you want him to earn it he just did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    The Ghost was coming off of shoulder surgery and a long layoff, plus he jumped up two weight classes. Yet he STILL clearly beat one of the strongest welterweights in the world.

Why are some of you not impressed with that? Did you think he didn't deserve the decision?
                    I'd bet it has almost nothing to do with the fight for many. He has the temerity to want to fight Mayweather. Like, it's a bad thing to WANT to fight the man.

The whole point of being a pro.

Comment

Mayweather fought Ortiz so let's not act like he deserved a shot either.

Comment

Working...
                      X