No announcement yet.

Did Chris John really beat JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Chris John really beat JMM?

Or did he get a hometown decision in Indonesia?
    Yes, John clearly beat him.
    25.30%
    No, JMM clearly won but got robbed.
    60.24%
    It was a close fight that could have gone either way.
    14.46%

home town decision

Comment

Big time home cooking

Comment

Did you guys actually watch the fight or just assuming? I watched the fight and it was close and competitive. I had it a draw with the point deductions, even though they were shady. Marquez should have won it if the ref would have been fair.

Comment

Been awhile since I seen it Thought Marquez won, wasnt marquez best performance, Chris John reluctance to attack kinda nullify marquez counter punching so he had to be the aggressor and he missed alot still thought marquez won, only reason people think it was close cause the round were hard to score but marquez won them.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            home town decision
            Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Big time home cooking

You heard them.

End Thread/

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Did you guys actually watch the fight or just assuming? I watched the fight and it was close and competitive. I had it a draw with the point deductions, even though they were shady. Marquez should have won it if the ref would have been fair.
              Weren't there multiple deduction cuz jmm kept hitting John below the waist? Been a while since I saw it but from what I remember John threw calzaghe like mosquito punch flurries and the crowd went wild. Meanwhile jmm worked the body

Comment

chris john > jmm > pacq

Comment

Originally posted by piggy'sSqueal View Post
                  chris john > jmm > pacq

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                    Weren't there multiple deduction cuz jmm kept hitting John below the waist? Been a while since I saw it but from what I remember John threw calzaghe like mosquito punch flurries and the crowd went wild. Meanwhile jmm worked the body
                    JMM seemed off kilter that night and so did John. Juan was aggressive and ineffective and John fought on the back foot ineffective. It was a weird fight.

Juan was landing some borderline shots and the ref took the first point away after only one previous warning. He took the second point away after no further warnings the following round. The score cards were ridiculous though. I think the ref knew the fight was close and tried to give John some padding points. Although he did not need them as the scorecards were crazy in his favor.

A couple of Juan's punches may have swayed low, but the ref was all over him.

Comment

Working...
                    X