Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Doesnt AOL, TimeWarner (HBO) owned Company cover boxing mainstream?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Doesnt AOL, TimeWarner (HBO) owned Company cover boxing mainstream?

They do with MMA? Why not Boxing?

Just sucks.

I love boxing but let's be real. There are far too many boring ass fights. Far too many bum beatdowns. The best duck and dodge each other. Promoters screw things up. Blind ass judges rob fighters. The belts are worthless. The only good thing about boxing is the art of boxing itself. The system (if u can call it that) is beyond fuked up. I love boxing, but it isn't mainstream and as long as the negatives out weigh the positives the sport is going nowhere fast. MMA is promoted like crazy, the fighters can't duck each other, the man in charge publicly puts a beatdown on refs or judges that fuk things up. The ppv doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, the undercard fights almost never suck, and hell, u got 2 guys in a cage gladiator style. I LOVE boxing, I like MMA, but it isn't hard yo see why one is hanging on and the other is growing.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
      I love boxing but let's be real. There are far too many boring ass fights. Far too many bum beatdowns. The best duck and dodge each other. Promoters screw things up. Blind ass judges rob fighters. The belts are worthless. The only good thing about boxing is the art of boxing itself. The system (if u can call it that) is beyond fuked up. I love boxing, but it isn't mainstream and as long as the negatives out weigh the positives the sport is going nowhere fast. MMA is promoted like crazy, the fighters can't duck each other, the man in charge publicly puts a beatdown on refs or judges that fuk things up. The ppv doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, the undercard fights almost never suck, and hell, u got 2 guys in a cage gladiator style. I LOVE boxing, I like MMA, but it isn't hard yo see why one is hanging on and the other is growing.
      The realest thing written on a boxingscene forum.

Comment

Comment

because to do that, they have to hire staff, reporters, editors, producers, etc. and the return they get from boxing isn't enough to justify the cost and hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
            They do with MMA? Why not Boxing?

Just sucks.
            The money. Lots of it.

Comment

in the states maybe to be honest I'm ok with boxing not being main stream here in the usa as long as its big in the rest of the world.

the #1 sport in the world (and my favorite) is not followed here in the USA because its too "boring" and there are far too many 0-0 or 1-1 draws

Comment

Best post I've read in a while on here. Green K.

Comment

Working...
                X