Boardwalk Empire has potential for greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    oops, my bad.

nice Avatar. I see you're already a fan as well.
    yes, keep watching trust me. you will start to like it.
    thats a pretty big generalization. its not just about the time period, its a well put together show. great story buildups.

and I also didn't like Buschemi before, but after 2 episodes of this show, I realize that he is an acting genius. He just has such depth and awareness in what he is doing. He's definitely gonna win an emmy.

And there are 2 other guys that might win supporting emmy awards like the guy who's playing capone and the guy who's playing Rothstein. Great actors.
    Alright, I'll watch the Pilot tomorrow or Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I agree that those shows are overrated, and this Boardwalk is as well. How about the Sopranos?
      I never seen the Soprano's.

was it dope?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Curb is still dope, man. One of HBO's real gem.

As for Boardwalk, it's solid. Obviously there was a ton of hype for it and I doubt it could ever live up to that but it's entertaining. Buchemi lacks something though as the main character though.
        I can't stand the prick. He's probably one of the main reasons I can't take the show seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
          I never seen the Soprano's.

was it dope?
          Are you serious??

Best HBO series ever.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
            Watched 5 minutes last night to give it a chance, got bored went back to Andy Griffith.

Not into it.

I think HBO gets a lot of credit for shows that aren't that good (six feet under, carnival, hung, sex and the city, true blood)

all overrated **** shows imo.

The best thing they've done which is actually a great show is Big Love.

And Curb used to be dope, till the 3rd or 4th season.
            Oz, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry Sanders Show, Sopranos, Entourage, The Wire..

Hbo is the gold standard.

****ing INFANT.

Are you serious??

Best HBO series ever.

Not even close.

The Wire is the greatest show ever produced by HBO & is in the running as arguably the greatest dramatic series ever made.

I would try to tell jack to watch but since he hates black people i wont.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              and I also didn't like Buschemi before, but after 2 episodes of this show, I realize that he is an acting genius. He just has such depth and awareness in what he is doing. He's definitely gonna win an emmy.

And there are 2 other guys that might win supporting emmy awards like the guy who's playing capone and the guy who's playing Rothstein. Great actors.
              Not even as Tony Blundetto in Sopranos? I thought he did an excellent, excellent job with that. Was sorry to see him go.

Yeah I'm liking the show. Had my eye on it for a long time through development. Can understand why people would turn off though, but I like these slow add dramas. They grow fine with age into the late of their seasons.

Another series to keep your eye on for next year, currently in development, is 'Luck' starring Nick Nolte and Dustin Hoffman.
              It will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                Not even as Tony Blundetto in Sopranos? I thought he did an excellent, excellent job with that. Was sorry to see him go.

Yeah I'm liking the show. Had my eye on it for a long time through development. Can understand why people would turn off though, but I like these slow add dramas. They grow fine with age into the late of their seasons.

Another series to keep your eye on for next year, currently in development, is 'Luck' starring Nick Nolte and Dustin Hoffman.
                It will be good.
                i dont get all the buscemi bashing. dude's a very solid & capable actor.

Comment

Are you serious??

Best HBO series ever.
                  Yep, Sopranos is the All Time Great for me.

BUT...I have yet to see The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    Yep, Sopranos is the All Time Great for me.

BUT...I have yet to see The Wire
                    Sopranos was my favorite HBO show...........

until i saw the wire.

The Wire blows away the sopranos.

its not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                      Sopranos was my favorite HBO show...........

until i saw the wire.

The Wire blows away the sopranos.

its not even close.
                      I'm intrigued... I may start watching it this week

Comment

Working...
                      X