No announcement yet.

A question on blood tests...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on blood tests...

The proposed blood tests to be performed on pac and floyd are the olympic style ones where only a small amount of blood is taken right? From many of the responses on this forum, Im getting the impression that people are confusing blood tests with a blood donation, where a much larger amount is taken leaving the blood donator weakened?

I cant imagine Usain Bolt giving a pint of blood the night before breaking the 100m dash record. I cant see how these blood tests will affect the strenght of either fighter?

Im not 100% sure here, Im happy to stand corrected if required

Usian Bolt was the most tested athlete at the Olympic games. And yes, he was tested a couple of hours before the race and tested randomly

Comment

So we are comparing racing to boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        So we are comparing racing to boxing?
        Im not comparing sprinting to boxing. Indeed, I think if anything, a sprinters performance would be more adversely affected by blood tests. The premise behind my post is that I question if the amount of blood taken for these olympic style tests would have any effect whatsoever on an athlete.

Comment

Question: Is Olympic testing frequently used in pro boxing? What other big fights have been subject to Olympic testing? I've never heard of this kind of testing before. Someone educate me here...

Comment

Yeah, small amount of blood is taken, even less than a regular blood test amount that is taken when you go to doc once every 6 month. I think they also take your saliva as well.

Comment

Yea these morons and *******s are imbeciles they think Floyd is asking Pac to DONATE a pint of blood 6 times within a few weeks before the fight...LOL!!! What imbecilic non boxing fan morons Pac fans are. They are a disgrace. This is a blood TEST not a donation ******s.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
                Question: Is Olympic testing frequently used in pro boxing? What other big fights have been subject to Olympic testing? I've never heard of this kind of testing before. Someone educate me here...
                Boxing is not a uni-governed sport, so olympic testing is a rarity. Especially the olympic testing that is done now. They can see what you have done years ago. Especially since many performance enhancing drugs work months after they been ingested.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  Boxing is not a uni-governed sport, so olympic testing is a rarity. Especially the olympic testing that is done now. They can see what you have done years ago. Especially since many performance enhancing drugs work months after they been ingested.
                  Thanks, Brook.

Comment

Working...
                  X