Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Mitchell - Is he the next British Super Hype job???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember this is a boxer who almost had to quit pro boxing after snapping a tendon in his hand, so much so that he can't make a fist in one of his hands.

Worked on the London Underground whilst he went through rehab.

Comment

Let just say this, Martinez has a very open defence and he was being hurt to the body against Cook, Mitchell has an excellent hook to the belly as he showed against Prescott, plus he is quicker than Martinez.

I dont rate Mitchell highly but id like him against the hittable slower Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        Let just say this, Martinez has a very open defence and he was being hurt to the body against Cook, Mitchell has an excellent hook to the belly as he showed against Prescott, plus he is quicker than Martinez.

I dont rate Mitchell highly but id like him against the hittable slower Martinez.
        Mitchell vs Katsidis?

Would do you think?

I think he's got more tools in his kit bag than Katsidis to draw on personally. But Katsidis has mixed in proper world class.

I think it's a good fight.

Kevin Mitchell could have a similar career to Katsidis. He will be a good television fighter. His fight with Johansson was an epic, even him going life and death with a faded Walter Estrada was fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          Mitchell vs Katsidis?

Would do you think?

I think he's got more tools in his kit bag than Katsidis to draw on personally. But Katsidis has mixed in proper world class.

I think it's a good fight.

Kevin Mitchell could have a similar career to Katsidis. He will be a good television fighter. His fight with Johansson was an epic, even him going life and death with a faded Walter Estrada was fascinating.

He has, Katsidis can be outboxed by Juan Diaz FFS.

Mitchell is deceptively very quick with his hands and feet imo.

I agree, its how you called it before, the British version of Arturo Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            He has, Katsidis can be outboxed by Juan Diaz FFS.

Mitchell is deceptively very quick with his hands and feet imo.

I agree, its how you called it before, the British version of Arturo Gatti.
            He's a potential gold mine.

Mitchell vs Martinez, Mitchell vs Martinez. Both epics.

Thing is, Warren can match him aggressively because he has all his eggs in the Khan basket.

I like Mitchell a lot. I just think he will be involved in some absolute classics if matched correctly.

Comment

Mitchell has good hand speed (the left hook being the main weapon) has good stamina and a very good chin, plus is aggresive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                He's a potential gold mine.

Mitchell vs Martinez, Mitchell vs Martinez. Both epics.

Thing is, Warren can match him aggressively because he has all his eggs in the Khan basket.

I like Mitchell a lot. I just think he will be involved in some absolute classics if matched correctly.
                Agree.

Martinez is a tough guy who puts on the pressure and comes to fight. Mitchell has good speed and decent Boxing skills but i think his bread and butter is being aggressive, plus i think he is the tyep to respond immediately once tagged, so i anticipate an absolute classic between them.

Mitchell can take a punch so there is no danger of him getting blown away early or anything.

Comment

I get amazed by the expectations NSB puts on boxers - it's real all or nothing, ain't it?

I like Mitchell a lot, I think he has a lot of skill. But if he got beat in a world title fight - Hell, even if he got beat in a European title fight - people would say he was "exposed".

Not everyone can be a world beater... that doesn't make you a bum. Even if Kevin Mitchell only won British & Commonwealth titles and no more I'd still say he's a good boxer. Not everyone is cut out to be SRR.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    I get amazed by the expectations NSB puts on boxers - it's real all or nothing, ain't it?

I like Mitchell a lot, I think he has a lot of skill. But if he got beat in a world title fight - Hell, even if he got beat in a European title fight - people would say he was "exposed".

Not everyone can be a world beater... that doesn't make you a bum. Even if Kevin Mitchell only won British & Commonwealth titles and no more I'd still say he's a good boxer. Not everyone is cut out to be SRR.
                    Especially as you can see Kevin Mitchell is good value.

He's one you're fairly certain can mix in world class and like Dynamite says: not get blown away. Whether he wins all of them is unlikely - he'd win some/lose some in world class.

Kevin Mitchell is very good. That should be all there is too say about him.

Comment

... it's also kinda funny how all UK boxers are "hype jobs" on here, even when people say **** all about them.

The second Mitchell loses a fight you'll get 10,000 threads titled "All freakin' BRIT'S sed dat Mitchel wud beet a prime tyson, lamo, pwn!"

Comment

Working...
                      X