Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of a sudden I have lost interest in a Shane-Floyd fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    I dont want people to get the idea that I'd rather see Floyd fight Cotto over Mosley. Cotto has looked like **** in his last three fights just like Shane did against Mayorga. And I stand by my belief that Shane got robbed at MSG. I'd ten times rather see a Mosley-Floyd fight even though I don't know how rusty Shane is right now.

Not too long ago people thought Shane was on the edge of being shot.
    He looked like ass in plenty of fights David Estrada and Mayorga being two prime examples then he had his sudden resurgence of late.

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
      I haven't read this thread. But basically what your saying is that you want to see how Mosley looks against Berto before a Floyd fight? You want the best Mosley against Floyd. Not the version who fought Mayorga?
      Yes I do. It's unfortunate that I feel this way. Because I want to see whether or not Mosley really has anything left due to this ring inactivity. I'm more concerned about that than him maybe aging a few more months. He should be able to handle Berto though.

Comment

Did you realize that Margarito is garbage and that's one of the 1000 reasons why Shane beat em?

Comment

Shane dont wanna fight Williams cus he know it will be like when he fought Vernon Forrest, he should go for Berto or Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Why do you think it will never happen?
            Mosley-Mayweather could not happen for a # of reasons.

the top reason on my list would be Floyd just waits out Mosley as considering Shane's age .. Sugar probably doesn't have too too many bouts after Berto next year .. and I could easily see Floyd try and ignore him till Shane decides to hang em up.

**and iceta I know you hate Cotto, but what are you talking about him "looking like **** his last 3 fights out?"

you have a point with the Margarito bout, but vs Jennings Miguel did what he had to, finishing it relatively early and vs Clottey yes he was cut in the fight, but IMO showed very good composure to win a close fight

Comment

And all of a sudden I dont give a **** about you either....oh wait, that was not so sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                Did you realize that Margarito is garbage and that's one of the 1000 reasons why Shane beat em?
                Very true, Margo is garbage. But it wasn't an easy fight for Clottey, Williams, or Cotto. There is no proof of loaded wraps in any of those fights. Shane just made it look easy

Comment

I would love to see this fight, like right now. Anytime in the next 2 years as long as neither loses, I'll buy that PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                    And it's all because we don't really know how Shane is gonna look whenever he fights again. That to me is a ? mark. Now if he looks good and destroys Berto like he's supposed to, then I'll be craving for this fight again. But Mosley has shot himself in the foot big time by having high standards about who he should fight where name recognition is concerned. Both Mosley and Williams looked really impressive in their last fights, so they are even where that is concerned. But Williams is gonna have the edge as far as people knowing where he's at after seeing how effectively he can perform after he fights Martinez. The thought runs across my mind that the Mosley that fought Mayorga shows up against Floyd and gets outboxed by a wide margin.

Ask yourself this guys. Do you think that Paul Williams would struggle with Mayorga the way that Mosley did? I think we need to demand this fight if Williams blows out Martinez. Remember guys, we have to demand it. We can't be giving Mayweather a pass for going after a small guy like Pacquiao.

I'm not one of these people who use Paul Williams as Floyd's club bouncer to defend him from ****. But Shane Mosley is gonna look like a straight up dumb ass if Berto decides to go into another direction because Paul Williams offered him a $3 million payday and Mosley turned it down. Who is he gonna fight if the Berto fight doesn't get done? He's also getting less money against an opponent who is perceived as less of a threat. This tells me that maybe Mosley is not the guy best suited for the task.
                    very good post bud... never thought of pwill going after mayorga to hain more leverage... I'm all for this now!!! mayorga and pwill in march!! lets make it happen!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X