Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this "new" Mike Tyson ever be a Trainer??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
    I dunno if he's emotionally capable of being a successful trainer but he definitely has more knowledge about the science of the sport than just about anyone. Him and James Toney are the biggest students of the sport imo but both thucked in the head. Maybe they'd be better as assistants who come in offer advice and tweak things. Could you imagine a gym ran by Tyson and Toney, it would be ****ing scary going in there, you'd never know when a loose cannon would go off.
    lmaooooooooooooooo

that's real talk

Comment

They really should have him as some type of analyst, sort of like what Charles Barkley does for TNT, so many people would tune in just to hear what Mike has to say. It is honestly unbelievable that no one (Showtime/HBO) has figured that out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
        They really should have him as some type of analyst, sort of like what Charles Barkley does for TNT, so many people would tune in just to hear what Mike has to say. It is honestly unbelievable that no one (Showtime/HBO) has figured that out yet.
        Agreed, having him as a commentator ain't a bad idea either

They've must have tried to before though, dude's been a part of the sport for way too long for it not to have crossed anybody's mind

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
          Tyson sat in on some fights when he was champion back in the 80s and commented on the fights in progress. He was easily the best boxing analyst I've ever heard on the air: He flat out blew away the network dude that was getting paid for commentary. He saw things that everybody else was missing.

The only problem he'd have (outside of his reputation that probably makes him radioactive) is his lispy voice: Casual fans are notoriously shallow and unfortunately networks cater to them and would consider Tyson's voice "unsuited" for broadcast. Damn shame really.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Tyson sat in on some fights when he was champion back in the 80s and commented on the fights in progress. He was easily the best boxing analyst I've ever heard on the air: He flat out blew away the network dude that was getting paid for commentary. He saw things that everybody else was missing.

The only problem he'd have (outside of his reputation that probably makes him radioactive) is his lispy voice: Casual fans are notoriously shallow and unfortunately networks cater to them and would consider Tyson's voice "unsuited" for broadcast. Damn shame really.

Poet
            do you remember any fights he commentated on by chance?

I actually wanna watch them just to hear the kinda things he notices and what he says about em

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post

I actually wanna watch them just to hear the kinda things he notices and what he says about em
              No, it was more than 20 years ago. I think it was one of either Pinklon Thomas', Tony Tucker's, or Tyrell Biggs' fights. It was one of those fights where the winner would get a shot at Tyson (which probably eliminates Tucker) hence why Tyson was there.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post

Vincent Pettway vs Simon Brown, the Showtime version is definitely one of them. A must watch fight on its own and Mike was hilarious

Comment

i would like to see tyson training a young badass american heavyweight... it'll do good things for the division...

Comment

How about a show like that Jim Lampley show on HBO where you have someone like. Lampley, Gus Johnson, etc sit in with Tyson and another boxer or two like Roy Jones or Antonio Tarver where they talk about the state of boxing, interview fighters, etc. I think something like that could be good. I wish they would give it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
                      i would like to see tyson training a young badass american heavyweight... it'll do good things for the division...
                      now we talkin the same language!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X