No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cano Officially Rejects Joan Guzman, Who Eyes Khabib

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cano Officially Rejects Joan Guzman, Who Eyes Khabib

Dominican junior welterweight contender Joan Guzman (33-0, 20KOs), the current mandatory challenger to the "regular" World Boxing Association (WBA) title, has no idea who he'll face for the title recently vacated by Marcos Maidana.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Dominican junior welterweight contender Joan Guzman (33-0, 20KOs), the current mandatory challenger to the "regular" World Boxing Association (WBA) title, has no idea who he'll face for the title recently vacated by Marcos Maidana.

[Click Here To Read More]
    And these fighters begin to run!!! Now, what I don't get is if Cano decides not to take the fight then shouldn't it the WBA to choose the next opponent in line and not Rivalta Guzman's promotor? I am at a loss here....I mean they can pick a taxi driver for all we know. And who is this Russian dude, anyway? I never heard of him even though the russian fighters at time appeared to be quite skilled. But still why wouldn't it be the WBA choosing and not Guzman's promotor...that's what I want to know.

Comment

I think Guzman would've chopped Cano up anyway. Would've been a good action fight though.

Comment

I wouldn't of taken the fight either if I was in his shoes. Big risk against a guy that can't make weight most of the damn time.

Comment

Well it won't be easy for Guzman with this kid

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            I wouldn't of taken the fight either if I was in his shoes. Big risk against a guy that can't make weight most of the damn time.
            Dude, seriously??? I mean the big risk and low reward, yes but Guzman already made weight like 3 or 4 times in a row...what the hell do you want from him to make weight 20 times??? He is showing that he is serious and not only did he make weight in his last fight he looked to be in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
              Dude, seriously??? I mean the big risk and low reward, yes but Guzman already made weight like 3 or 4 times in a row...what the hell do you want from him to make weight 20 times??? He is showing that he is serious and not only did he make weight in his last fight he looked to be in shape.
              And how many times did he miss it prior to that. It is still a big risk. That's just my opinion if I was in Cano's shoes. Some people may agree/disagree.

Comment

And how many times did he miss it prior to that. It is still a big risk. That's just my opinion if I was in Cano's shoes. Some people may agree/disagree.
                I understand your point but we cannot live in the past. We need to focus on the now. And besides I'm pretty sure Guzman knows that if he even misses weight once he is toast!
                Anyhow, just saw a video of this Russian kid and I must say I am impressed. Guzman will have to bring his A-game....kid got skills and can pop!

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                  I understand your point but we cannot live in the past. We need to focus on the now. And besides I'm pretty sure Guzman knows that if he even misses weight once he is toast!
                  Anyhow, just saw a video of this Russian kid and I must say I am impressed. Guzman will have to bring his A-game....kid got skills and can pop!
                  We cannot live in the past? Shit Guzman is like a mofo that has bad credit trying to re establish it. He won't get that Mercedez with but he'll get a nice $8,000 car . If you get what I'm saying lol.

Comment

We cannot live in the past? Shit Guzman is like a mofo that has bad credit trying to re establish it. He won't get that Mercedez with but he'll get a nice $8,000 car . If you get what I'm saying lol.
                    yea and cano is the definition of an $8,000 car.

Comment

Working...
                    X