Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hate celebs who attend boxing matches . . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else hate celebs who attend boxing matches . . .

but clearly aren't a fan of boxing, like in one of floyd's fights Mariah Carey is in the background, she clearly don't like boxing!

i actually think its pretty cool...shows that no matter how much the media or MMA says boxing is dead, a good fight still brings out the celebs

the more celebs, the better...i also like seeing other boxers in the crowd

Comment

yeah that is a good point, Does add publicity.

Comment

Eh sometimes. That one guy who was at Mayweather Maidana ( forgot his name ) and barely knew who Floyd was.

In a way it's good for the sport I suppose.

Comment

no, but i seriously dislike people like you though. what are you trying to say? you have to be a die hard boxing fan to attend an event?

nobody is born a fan, we all become fans of the sport at some stage and start getting into it. if you have millions and millions of dollars why not get into it at ringside? is there some rule you have to watch X amount of fights at home before you are allowed to watch a fight live?

makes no sense. besides, all big boxing events are star studded, its one of the ways to tell its a big event and it creates electricity in the arena. the fact that its so important people who dont usually follow the sport feel a need to be there.

seems like sour grapes you cant afford a ticket yourself.
          Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-30-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it. Casuals bring in the money and they're paying top dollar for those seats so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Eh sometimes. That one guy who was at Mayweather Maidana ( forgot his name ) and barely knew who Floyd was.

In a way it's good for the sport I suppose.
              He plays in nurse jacky. My wife loves that show.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                but clearly aren't a fan of boxing, like in one of floyd's fights Mariah Carey is in the background, she clearly don't like boxing!
                I don't mind when celebs who really like boxing attend.

what sucks is when sho/hbo give away prime seats to stars to promote their shows and its clear they have no knowledge or interest and are there because corporate made them go.

Its just like a Lakers game. Dyan Cannon-cool. Denzel-Cool. Justin ****ing Bieber-NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  He plays in nurse jacky. My wife loves that show.
                  Yeah I think that was the show, blonde dude right? He seemed like he was on something anyway.

He was just like "derp"

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i actually think its pretty cool...shows that no matter how much the media or MMA says boxing is dead, a good fight still brings out the celebs

the more celebs, the better...i also like seeing other boxers in the crowd
                    No doubt. Celebrities add cachet. They help to make it an event. We want that.

Comment

Working...
                    X