Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido: My Nose Was Broken Too, Mexicans Don't Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt that Garcia caught Salido cold; Garcia is a notoriously slow starter and Salido was expecting to be able to work up his rhythm in the early rounds but instead got blitzed.

I don't think Salido got his act together until the 6th, and didn't really look threatening until the 8th, by which time the points victory was dead and buried and he needed a knockout. He got desperate and rough and cost himself his chance in the later rounds.

I think Salido will do a bit better in a rematch if it happens. Still, Garcia looked really good at times and is a young, hungry, learning fighter. If he doesn't get overconfident, he should be able to beat Salido again - and I say this as somebody who really likes Salido and was rooting for him.

Comment

• barrera at one point wanted to quit in the first fight against pacquiao..and pac made morales quit in the 3rd fight...

Comment

• get your ass kicked for eight rounds. get dropped four times.

land an accidental headbutt

win the fight.

you guys would have an argument if he wasn't getting his ass kicked. it would also help if he [garcia] quit.

his corner looked to be trying to find a way out. [mikey] garcia would have continued to fight. he was barely being touched. he looked incredible.

garcia doesn't appear to be hard as nails mentally. i'm not saying he's soft, but you can go back through my posts and find me talking about garcia having a bit of "little brother" in him. he complained about stomach pains in the remmillard fight, reportedly wanting it to be stopped, according to his brother.

his talent and his schooling is top flight. top flight. he's a beast. huge power and very solid skills. he's not lightning fast, but he's got great timing and he's very accurate.
        Last edited by New England; 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Salido has a point

It was more probable than not that Salido would have lost had it continued. However, Salido was coming on and was making things interesting. Garcia elected to take his wide points lead and take home the title. I don't think Garcia would have the luxury to choose to take a win upon an injury if he wasn't the house guy. He could have continued and some fighters would have seen it with through with that same injury. Tough way to go out for Salido who was getting a foothold in the fight.

Comment

• Also, lets say a punch broke the nose. Garcia would have continued and it wouldn't have even been looked at by the doctor. He took an easy way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdportorock3 View Post
              Mexicans have the most quits period. Don't make me start posting the mexicans who have quit in boxing. this thread will just get closed or I'll get banned and you'll start screaming racist. So go fuk your self you little crying dive.
              ......Damn that truth has to hurt.

Comment

• this whole thing is rediculous its the same idea as if the head butt caused a cut to make the fight get stopped by the doctor both punches and headbutts can cause cuts and apparently occasionally a broken nose its just more rare. But it occured from an illegal blow giving salido an unfair advantage in a fight he was surely losing. What if Garcia was knocked out by a headbutt? yea very unlikely but could still happen would you say that Salido wins no. Boxing is about hit and not be hit with the hands and thats what it comes down to. I thought the stoppage was kinda bad the first time i saw it but two doctors agreed on it i didnt go to medical school so im gonna say they are more familiar with it and trust their opinion.

Comment

• Ok, finally got to see this fight. Garcia dominated almost every round, he started far better than I expected and made Salido look lost at sea throughout the fight. I do think Salido had his best round in the 7th and possibly won that. The headbutt for me looks accidental, he went in with a big hook and his momentum drove him forward (made me laugh when Ward said he seemed to go in head first, ironic isn't it?).

It was obvious that Garcia's corner wanted it stopped because they knew their man was winning on points. Mikey didn't look so sure himself but then the Dr told them to stop it and the whole team was pretty relieved. Hard to say if Garcia quit but I think it's fair to say Salido wasn't getting ahead. He was throwing wildly and even after the headbutt Garcia's movement was superior.

Comment

• The only and big difference is that Garcia broke his nose with his hands. Salido got dirty out of frustration while loosing in all cards. It was his way out of the fight, so I wouldn't talking about the heart of Mexicans if I was in his shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                      Ok, finally got to see this fight. Garcia dominated almost every round, he started far better than I expected and made Salido look lost at sea throughout the fight. I do think Salido had his best round in the 7th and possibly won that. The headbutt for me looks accidental, he went in with a big hook and his momentum drove him forward (made me laugh when Ward said he seemed to go in head first, ironic isn't it?).

It was obvious that Garcia's corner wanted it stopped because they knew their man was winning on points. Mikey didn't look so sure himself but then the Dr told them to stop it and the whole team was pretty relieved. Hard to say if Garcia quit but I think it's fair to say Salido wasn't getting ahead. He was throwing wildly and even after the headbutt Garcia's movement was superior.
                      Throw a proper or improper hook and see how "momentum" pulls you forward. That head butt was intentional.

Comment

Working...
                      X