Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you view Foreman as a measuring stick on whether Cotto still has it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    Yes!!!! No " SHOT " fighter would beat, much less dominate a guy like Foreman. Not to mention it was cotto's 1st fight at that weight. Foreman is one of those guys we're you will never look good fighting him win or lose(much like clottey) and Cotto just did. Miguel is here to stay.
    Foreman is a light punching runner. That's a great style match-up for Cotto. So NO, it didn't answer all the questions we need to know.

Clottey, pressures fighters more and has some pop to his punches and Cotto didn't look good in that fight...specifically after he was hurt.

Now given, Cotto really doesn't ever look that great after being hurt, and we know that as far back as his JrWW days, there was still something with him in that Clottey match that didn't quite look right. As if he was more about just surviving instead of recovering then attacking back.

Now I do think Pac would always have a solid chance to KO Cotto at any point because unlike others who stunned and dropped Cotto, they weren't high volume non-stop attackers like Pac who can keep someone like Cotto hurt and not let him recover. Cotto also wasn't able to pull his usual testicle shots like he did to previous fighters, like Judah.

So I do think Cotto was a KO waiting to happen if the right fighter came along.

Comment

NO, who the hell was Foreman??!! I never understood why people were saying that Foreman would be a tough fight for Cotto (I kindda do since people thought Cotto was shot)

Good win for Cotto but not a very good measuring stick for this division, my 2 cents

Comment

Kind of but Foreman was a different style matchup for him than the guys that beat him but he was the bigger man and has boxing skill.

Cotto certainly proved he still has something left

Comment

I personally don't think Cotto ever lost "it." Keeping it close with Clottey with one functioning eye proved to me that he still had the skill and warrior spirit that many thought had been taken in his first loss. Losing to Pacquiao in my eyes was just losing to a great fighter and nothing more than that. When you fight great opposition eventually you will lose and win.

Foreman was a game opponent that has a significant size advantage a good boxing performance against him further proved that Cotto has what it takes to remain at the elite level. Bring on the lions Miguel's only 29 and he's hungry!

Comment

Definitely, Foreman's not the best of the best but definitely a game and very very solid junior middleweight. Cotto looked damn sharp and focused tonight, it seems like his training with Steward paid off big time.

Comment

Originally posted by dsanchez View Post
              No but everyone said it was a horrible matchup for him and he would get outboxed. That didn't happen. However yuri doesn't punch. I saw a few things I liked, but mostly go impressed with the stiff jab and he outboxed the boxer. Anyways my two cents lol
              Who said it was a horrible matchup for Cotto? I remember saying that Foreman looked like he was tailor made for Cotto.

Comment

i havent seen the fight yet, was at a party but i predicted it to be a UD for cotto 10 to 2 rounds.. 10 for cotto 2 for foreman, knew cotto was the better boxer and cotto will walk him down and make him pay, i just read the ref stopped it no doubt if foreman didnt break his leg and the ref didnt stop it it would easily be a 10-2 UD in favor of cotto

Comment

Working...
                X