Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will Happen If Mayweather Starts MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
    I wonder if this is something people do for kicks. None of the current people in mma could beat any of the top fighters in boxing in boxing, and vice versa.

Lebron James would get destroyed in curling and skiing. I think that makes him less of a great. Just not in basketball where he is one of the greatest to ever do it.

Half of these people can't dominate the current sport they are in. They also know what it's like to lose severely in their sport. Floyd knows nothing about that. I think that makes these people upset. Plus Floyd has made more than any of them over the span of their entire careers, endorsements or not. Then he didn't have to sacrifice his body to make someone else happy. I think that also makes people upset. Ask him for a hundred dollar bill to dry your tears.
    Im not sure its a mma vs Floyd as is MMA vs boxing for some...certain fighters styles and personalities would fare better in MMa like Pacman for example...different attributes and style he also followed MMA and has a different but more effective skill set that you can teach on to adapt better in MMa.

Comment

The thing is that the sports are so different that you don't know that what you're saying is true. For some reason, it seems logical to say that Floyd would crumble in a sport you've never seen him participate in but pacquaio would be successful? How do you know how he would fair if he wasn't able to move the way he can in a ring. I've seen pac get knocked the hell out in fights, what makes you think he couldn't get knocked out twice as hard from a kick that I see from his career he would likely be hit by because his defense is ****. It can be what it is, I just find it obsessively strange for mma fighters to continuously talk **** about a sport they would be destroyed in and their only defense is that if it were by their favorable rules, it wouldn't be that. "Well no ****" is literally the only answer reasonable for a reply. It's like the hulk trolling all the avengers for an arm wrestling contest. Just cause he can beat the **** out of hawk eye doesn't make him special cause if he had to pick up a bow and arrow and shoot it 300 yards to hit an apple, he probably isn't making it happen.

Comment

he'd get destroyed just like hollys failed attempt at mma.

seriously though its a lil too late for that, ronda was obviously a exposed hype job but the mens division is obviously better than the womens.

Comment

If floyd did a fight ala james toney in the ufc,, it would break all PPv records..

If he fought Rhonda rousey before her loss, it would have done 8-10 million buys

Comment

If you could go back in time and find a 21 year old Mayweather who had already nearly mastered boxing and started training him in kickboxing and BJJ then yes he would have been great. His athleticism and work ethic are more than good enough. But now he's way too old. It's not even a fair argument. The only guy who could have been good was Vitali because he was already a good kickboxer and has an incredible chin. His style of boxing is also very MMA like.

Comment

He's too old to become effective enough a grappler to beat the top guys. Obviously, what's the point in starting MMA if he's just gonna fight the bums, and nowhere near the tops guys?

Of course, he'd be the highest paid MMA fighter, by far, and that's including Conor, but his egos far too big to lose to a scrub of that sport.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                If you could go back in time and find a 21 year old Mayweather who had already nearly mastered boxing and started training him in kickboxing and BJJ then yes he would have been great. His athleticism and work ethic are more than good enough. But now he's way too old. It's not even a fair argument. The only guy who could have been good was Vitali because he was already a good kickboxer and has an incredible chin. His style of boxing is also very MMA like.
                You can say that for almost any boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                  The thing is that the sports are so different that you don't know that what you're saying is true. For some reason, it seems logical to say that Floyd would crumble in a sport you've never seen him participate in but pacquaio would be successful? How do you know how he would fair if he wasn't able to move the way he can in a ring. I've seen pac get knocked the hell out in fights, what makes you think he couldn't get knocked out twice as hard from a kick that I see from his career he would likely be hit by because his defense is ****. It can be what it is, I just find it obsessively strange for mma fighters to continuously talk **** about a sport they would be destroyed in and their only defense is that if it were by their favorable rules, it wouldn't be that. "Well no ****" is literally the only answer reasonable for a reply. It's like the hulk trolling all the avengers for an arm wrestling contest. Just cause he can beat the **** out of hawk eye doesn't make him special cause if he had to pick up a bow and arrow and shoot it 300 yards to hit an apple, he probably isn't making it happen.
                  Im pretty sure Pacmans ability to fight inside and Aggressively is different than the Hulk and armwrstling hawk eye...smh. It only takes common sense to break down Floyd and Pacman outside a boxing ring.

Think Floyd has the MENTAL aspect too? Heres his fathers thoughts when he notioned that MMA idea........

"He needs to leave that **** alone. He’s going to get the same ****ing thing Vince Phillips got; leg broke, arm broke or whatever. Vince Phillips got his arm broke. You can’t mess with that…that’s what they do. You can’t beat nobody at their own game…All of this he talking about right now, this martial arts ****, I’m telling you, he about to get broke the **** up right now. I’m telling you, he could forget all of that stuff being cute and how you supposed to hit somebody with a check hook. Man, them mother****er’s going to take that check hook mother****er and squeeze your guts out. I’m just being real with you man…If he ever want to take a mother****in’ loss, you bout to take one right now mother****er. Go ahead and try that. One of them mother****ers grab you and bing, bing…hit the floor twice mother****er and it’s over with….Lil Floyd about to get his ass tore up man. He ain’t about to whoop them mother****ers. He can forget that ****! ….Man, let me tell you something, they don’t even need a referee for this **** right here. They ain’t going to need a referee because he’s going to tap his own self out if he’s able. I’m just saying, if he’s able to hit the floor three times…they not going to give a mother****er 30 million dollars to fight nobodies. They are going to put him in there with a mother****er that can tear his ass up. Ain’t nobody going to go for no **** like that. All Lil Floyd doing is making himself look like a fool really. Right now, Lil Floyd is in the drivers seat, like Oscar De La Hoya was in boxing. He ain’t got to do all of that to get money. Lil Floyd could damn near get 30 million dollars to fight Cotto. Floyd trying to go where he could get the quickest money that’s all. The quickest money going to get his ass where he can’t make no money. They going to break his ****ing limbs. One of them mother****ers hit him upside his ****ing head and he may never be the same. I’m just telling the truth." Floyd Mayweather Sr.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-05-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Im pretty sure Pacmans ability to fight inside and Aggressively is different than the Hulk and armwrstling hawk eye...smh. It only takes common sense to break down Floyd and Pacman outside a boxing ring.

Think Floyd has the MENTAL aspect too? Heres his fathers thoughts when he notioned that MMA idea........

"He needs to leave that **** alone. He’s going to get the same ****ing thing Vince Phillips got; leg broke, arm broke or whatever. Vince Phillips got his arm broke. You can’t mess with that…that’s what they do. You can’t beat nobody at their own game…All of this he talking about right now, this martial arts ****, I’m telling you, he about to get broke the **** up right now. I’m telling you, he could forget all of that stuff being cute and how you supposed to hit somebody with a check hook. Man, them mother****er’s going to take that check hook mother****er and squeeze your guts out. I’m just being real with you man…If he ever want to take a mother****in’ loss, you bout to take one right now mother****er. Go ahead and try that. One of them mother****ers grab you and bing, bing…hit the floor twice mother****er and it’s over with….Lil Floyd about to get his ass tore up man. He ain’t about to whoop them mother****ers. He can forget that ****! ….Man, let me tell you something, they don’t even need a referee for this **** right here. They ain’t going to need a referee because he’s going to tap his own self out if he’s able. I’m just saying, if he’s able to hit the floor three times…they not going to give a mother****er 30 million dollars to fight nobodies. They are going to put him in there with a mother****er that can tear his ass up. Ain’t nobody going to go for no **** like that. All Lil Floyd doing is making himself look like a fool really. Right now, Lil Floyd is in the drivers seat, like Oscar De La Hoya was in boxing. He ain’t got to do all of that to get money. Lil Floyd could damn near get 30 million dollars to fight Cotto. Floyd trying to go where he could get the quickest money that’s all. The quickest money going to get his ass where he can’t make no money. They going to break his ****ing limbs. One of them mother****ers hit him upside his ****ing head and he may never be the same. I’m just telling the truth." Floyd Mayweather Sr.
                    That's your conventional wisdom. And of course his father is going to say all of that. None of those guys even respect mma and then it's the fact that none of them are mma fighters. They literally think it's some barbarian **** that is similar to dog fighting. At least Floyd Sr and Roger think that. But go back 25 years and train Floyd to do mma and maybe they would be saying something different. To act like it isn't 95% discipline is to ignore the skill intelligence of the majority of athletes.

People think that Floyd has no discipline and is a weak individual. None of that is obviously true but it makes people feel better to take his masculinity away to better serve their conversation. Truth is that no one in boxing in our lifetimes has ever shown the level of discipline to their craft. We can actually say that about any athlete in any sport. The reason he is the highest paid athlete in sports.

The point of the analogy is that they can't be compared. If that went over your head, then I'm sorry. The hulk and hawkeye are actually fictional characters... so....pacquaio is not an accurate guy at all and has ****ty defense for even the highest level of boxing, but he would absolutely destroy any mma guy who got in the ring to box with him.

Comment

Honestly, this should stop. Did you not see Rousey vs Holm? Boxers can beat MMA fighters. They can destroy them, in fact. Just stop it with this. Respect all martial arts.

Comment

Working...
                      X