Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PBC show was a disgrace..who approves these mismatches in Toronto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    This is the first time in ages world championship boxing has been on network TV

Network TV is available to way more people

Hbo should NOT be having better ratings
    Go look at what hockey does these days. Go look at most run of the mill NBA games. Those are so called major sports & they don't pull much better numbers then PBC is doing & they've got a much more stored history on national TV + aren't niche sports like boxing has been for the last few to several decades.

HBO Boxing has a brand value that PBC Boxing doesn't have. I know people who only have HBO because of the boxing. Thats a loyalty PBC hasn't gathered in the 6 months its been around being pushed towards people who are only becoming reacquainted with boxing on a broader scale this year.

This immediate success requirement PBC is supposed to be attain out of the gates is a far to lofty a goal so soon upon being thrust on the market. Boxing has been dead to most of the "its free doe" boxing fans for a long time. There is a certain time of re-introduction & a re-calibration going on with boxing to the masses that will take time & the places where PBC is at that has history with boxing seem to be having the numbers suspected or better so I don't see that they won't be able to grow those more basic channels in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Go look at what hockey does these days. Go look at most run of the mill NBA games. Those are so called major sports & they don't pull much better numbers then PBC is doing & they've got a much more stored history on national TV + aren't niche sports like boxing has been for the last few to several decades.

HBO Boxing has a brand value that PBC Boxing doesn't have. I know people who only have HBO because of the boxing. Thats a loyalty PBC hasn't gathered in the 6 months its been around being pushed towards people who are only becoming reacquainted with boxing on a broader scale this year.

This immediate success requirement PBC is supposed to be attain out of the gates is a far to lofty a goal so soon upon being thrust on the market. Boxing has been dead to most of the "its free doe" boxing fans for a long time. There is a certain time of re-introduction & a re-calibration going on with boxing to the masses that will take time & the places where PBC is at that has history with boxing seem to be having the numbers suspected or better so I don't see that they won't be able to grow those more basic channels in the future.
      Lol people don't have hbo just for the boxing. What planet are you living on? Other than the 2 friends who have hbo because of boxing
      . How many shows has hbo put on this year and how many do they have coming up? Way less than before-people aren't subscribing just so they can watch ggg fight. Kova and ggg are new stars .

And the ratings on pbc won't get better. Over saturation. Lack of stars. And floyd pac ruined it for the future. That fight and the injury was horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        Lol people don't have hbo just for the boxing. What planet are you living on? Other than the 2 friends who have hbo because of boxing
        . How many shows has hbo put on this year and how many do they have coming up? Way less than before-people aren't subscribing just so they can watch ggg fight. Kova and ggg are new stars .
        You are severely undervaluing HBO Boxing if you don't think there are many people who have HBO cuz of HBO Boxing. There is a reason HBO Boxing is one of the longest running series on TV & the longest running series HBO has. Are there always good shows there? Well obviously. That doesn't mean there aren't a nice lil segment of subscribers who'd cancel HBO if the boxing went away. Granted that number might be smaller than at previous times in the past when HBO had wider known name boxers, but its still there.

And the ratings on pbc won't get better. Over saturation. Lack of stars.
        I disagree. Some of the ratings PBC is already pulling are fine. ESPN is good. Spike is good. Those are channels with built in combat sports fans already to one degree or another.

The other channels are all new to boxing for the most part. The national TV stuff will grow eventually. It takes time to build a product, a brand.

And the star thing takes time too. I think PBC is putting forth a good effort at building stars with some of their shows & series'. Again though this is something that takes time. With the PBC roster of 200 or w/e fighters there is no doubt some stars will emerge. I think Artur Beterbiev is a star waiting to happen & perhaps might end up being the first PBC star to really take off.

If Richard S. gets a PBC gig as many of us are suspecting will happen I think you will see a much better focus happening with PBC & this process will speed up drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You are severely undervaluing HBO Boxing if you don't think there are many people who have HBO cuz of HBO Boxing. There is a reason HBO Boxing is one of the longest running series on TV & the longest running series HBO has. Are there always good shows there? Well obviously. That doesn't mean there aren't a nice lil segment of subscribers who'd cancel HBO if the boxing went away. Granted that number might be smaller than at previous times in the past when HBO had wider known name boxers, but its still there.

I disagree. Some of the ratings PBC is already pulling are fine. ESPN is good. Spike is good. Those are channels with built in combat sports fans already to one degree or another.

The other channels are all new to boxing for the most part. The national TV stuff will grow eventually. It takes time to build a product, a brand.

And the star thing takes time too. I think PBC is putting forth a good effort at building stars with some of their shows & series'. Again though this is something that takes time. With the PBC roster of 200 or w/e fighters there is no doubt some stars will emerge. I think Artur Beterbiev is a star waiting to happen & perhaps might end up being the first PBC star to really take off.

If Richard S. gets a PBC gig as many of us are suspecting will happen I think you will see a much better focus happening with PBC & this process will speed up drastically.
          Their youtube series of getting to know the fighter have 10k views

What exactly is gonna speed up? They are spamming fights and spamming youtube bids
          All Schaefer is gonna do is make some outlandish statements at pressers like "wilder is the 2nd coming of Lennox Lewis"

The fights are trash and that's what we ,as boxing fans, should be concerned with. The bad ratings are a reflection of **** fights

Comment

Working...
          X