Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson's "Opponents Lost Before They Got Hit" Applicable To Anyone Today? (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    Exactly, he was not a great heavyweight at all and most feel Holmes was robbed plus he was 36 years old by then and past prime,He ko'd a career light heavyweight,not impressed at all
    Not to me, close fight each time, but fair results. I don't think Holmes was shot, 36 is not old for a heavyweight and Holmes did not take a lot of punishment.

Spinks was not a career light heavyweight. He was the lineal heavyweight champion with two great wins at the weight. He and Tyson also weighed practically the same.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      Exactly, he was not a great heavyweight at all and most feel Holmes was robbed plus he was 36 years old by then and past prime,He ko'd a career light heavyweight,not impressed at all
      Against any other heavyweight I'd agree but Tyson was tiny. Tinier than Spinks.

Spinks had a 5 inch reach advantage, 4 inch height advantage, and they were only separated by 6 pounds.

Wasn't really a heavyweight vs a lightheavyweight. More like a cruiserweight vs a cruiserweight.
      Last edited by ////; 05-04-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I think a lot of Golovkins opponents lose before they get hit or they talk themselves into it & as soon as they taste that power they shut down.
        The most recent opponent, whatever his name was I think he came too win but as soon as he felt his power he **** himself and didn't know what to do.
        Could instantly see he'd never felt that sort of power before.

Joshua is another.
        I think only Dillian Whyte and Matt Legg came to actually win. The rest to just find a soft spot on the canvas to lay down.
        Good shout.

He was Joshua's Peter McNeeley. I suppose in their way they definitely game to win and showed brass balls. But both got comprehensively walloped.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Not to me, close fight each time, but fair results. I don't think Holmes was shot, 36 is not old for a heavyweight and Holmes did not take a lot of punishment.

Spinks was not a career light heavyweight. He was the lineal heavyweight champion with two great wins at the weight. He and Tyson also weighed practically the same.
          weighed the same....Spinks looked like he got straight off the couch while tyson was ripped

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Spinks, Bruno, Ruddock.
            all those guys had phyc issue before they got in the ring with Tyson
            Bowe- mentally unstable
            Bruno- diagnosed Bi-polar
            spinks- was talked into taking the fight and somethings not right with a fighter when he losses once and retires.

Many fighters honestly believe they can beat anybody in their weight class which is why the cheif second and referee is so important , many fighters would and have fought until they died rather than give up thinking "I can beat this guy"

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
              Against any other heavyweight I'd agree but Tyson was tiny. Tinier than Spinks.

Spinks had a 5 inch reach advantage, 4 inch height advantage, and they were only separated by 6 pounds.

Wasn't really a heavyweight vs a lightheavyweight. More like a cruiserweight vs a cruiserweight.
              weight classes, not height and reach classes man..Tyson was built like a tank and was clearly the bigger man

Comment

yes with ggg when guys are in the final faceoff b4 the 1st round theyve already lost even if there grazed they go down because the figure its the right thingn to do.the fight is lost themoment they sign the damn contract you can see it in thei eyes they go bellyup

Comment

golovkin and kovalev probably have the closest aura to a prime tyson. Those guys go in the ring with an advantage because of their reputation. Guys will almost always be tentative against them so they tend to always get to dictate the rhythm of the fight.

That's why it's going to take great/special fighters to beat them because great fighters will always have the strong mind to not be intimidated.

Comment

Working...
                  X