Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY ****, Apocalypse no Toride is freaky as hell! It is one of the better zombie mangas that I have read. I am 11 chapters in and I'm hooked. Great read so far and pretty damn scary zombies.

Comment

• Wells guys, finished up Apocalypse no Toride. Only 45 chapters, but I believe it is still on going. Overall, it was excellent. I wish there was more chapters to read, but I guess I'll have to wait.

I plan on starting Toukyou Kushu (Tokyo Ghoul), High School of the Dead, Drifters, and Suicide Island. Not necessarily in that order, but those are ones that are on my list. Do any of you guys know of any space based manga series? Maybe something set in the future with some alien interaction.

Comment

• You guys should read Oyasumi Punpun if you haven't yet, pretty good stuff.

Comment

• Finished Tokyo Ghoul, and got fully caught up on the sequel, Tokyo Ghoul/re:

I really enjoyed the first installment, and enjoyed the second as well. I got caught up on Re: just as it was ramping up too. So now I am just watching the anime on Hulu. Surprisingly enough, Hulu has a ton of anime.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
            Wells guys, finished up Apocalypse no Toride. Only 45 chapters, but I believe it is still on going. Overall, it was excellent. I wish there was more chapters to read, but I guess I'll have to wait.

I plan on starting Toukyou Kushu (Tokyo Ghoul), High School of the Dead, Drifters, and Suicide Island. Not necessarily in that order, but those are ones that are on my list. Do any of you guys know of any space based manga series? Maybe something set in the future with some alien interaction.
            i can't really get in to tokyo ghoul, i really hate this kind of messy art style in action manga, really making my head dizzy reading it.

for space manga my first reccomendation would be uchuu kyoudai and for aliens action it would be kiseijuu. both are really good seinen

Comment

• Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
              You guys should read Oyasumi Punpun if you haven't yet, pretty good stuff.

is good manga but i think is overated I was expecting something refreshing, but instead got the feeling that this was similar to other seinen manga I had read before. Also, while the characters are realistic (with all their flaws and whatnot), I found myself eyerolling and irritated at most of the characters.

and the manga could do without asano's masturbatory attitude, The one thing that spoils all the fun(?) in Punpun is the self-righteousness with which Asano Inio presents his own opinions to the reader,

check out asano's other works, is practically the same ****, him masturbating nonstop splurging self-righteous cum all over reader face.

he must really bullied hard in his childhood
              Last edited by betmen; 03-18-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                i can't really get in to tokyo ghoul, i really hate this kind of messy art style in action manga, really making my head dizzy reading it.

for space manga my first reccomendation would be uchuu kyoudai and for aliens action it would be kiseijuu. both are really good seinen
                Thanks for the tips betman. I will be sure to check those out.

For Tokyo Ghoul, I enjoyed the story. But I think I know what you mean by messy art style. It did stand out to me with the clothing, and the lazy way they transposed patterns on the clothes. Instead of taking the time to draw patterns and correct angles, they just pasted a pattern on the computer before printing. Also, the many instances of blank faces. That is just lazy too.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  Thanks for the tips betman. I will be sure to check those out.

For Tokyo Ghoul, I enjoyed the story. But I think I know what you mean by messy art style. It did stand out to me with the clothing, and the lazy way they transposed patterns on the clothes. Instead of taking the time to draw patterns and correct angles, they just pasted a pattern on the computer before printing. Also, the many instances of blank faces. That is just lazy too.
                  you describe it better than me. Lazy really is the word, lots of angle in the action scene are very confusing, is it up? is it down? i can't tell. mightbe have to buy the books if i really want to read it, the scanlation version is just unreadable for me.

also good choice on suicide island, i think this series are the best work from the author.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    I laid off manga for a while, other than my weekly readings, and been jumping on crunchy roll.

My last completed anime series is in my sig (Shirobako) and it was just great. Ima start up on Another later.

I'm watching another anime series right now, but it's just gonna make people shake their heads. Funny, but makes people say WTF Japan?
                    Came in here looking for Hougigo .

Didn't leave disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                      you describe it better than me. Lazy really is the word, lots of angle in the action scene are very confusing, is it up? is it down? i can't tell. mightbe have to buy the books if i really want to read it, the scanlation version is just unreadable for me.

also good choice on suicide island, i think this series are the best work from the author.
                      Been watching the Tokyo Ghoul anime, and it's actually done pretty well. It seems to carry over to that platform well and the action scenes flow a bit better. There are big changes to the story and I am interested to see how it plays out. There's only two seasons at the moment, and I have about 8 episodes left of season 2. The J-Pop intro music and outro music is pretty catchy.

Comment

Working...
                      X