Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More exciting fighter, Mayweather or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More exciting fighter, Mayweather or Ward?

Who's more exciting inside the ring?

Mayweather is a defensive fighter. He isn't necessarily exciting, people either watch him to see him lose, or watch him for his skills. He has a style that nulls people who come forward to fight him.

Ward is a bit of both. He isn't necessarily exciting either, though can be dragged into trading which can be fun to watch. People also watch him for his skills, as he dismantles his opponents in (arguably) better fashion than Mayweather.

Theres the headbutting argument for Ward, though we didn't see any of that with Froch and Dawson. I'm also aware Mayweather brings controversy outside of the ring, though this is all about inside the ring, as a fighter.

Who's more exciting to you?
    Floyd Mayweather
    48.00%
    Andre Ward
    38.00%
    No Preference
    14.00%

I prefer to watch Andre Ward apply his trade myself. I liked it when he dominated the best fighters in 1 of boxing's best weight classes.

Comment

As a huge fan of both guys Mayweather has the more "entertaining" style but its all subjective anyway. Both are pure boxers in ever sense of the phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I prefer to watch Andre Ward apply his trade myself. I liked it when he dominated the best fighters in 1 of boxing's best weight classes.
        I agree with that. Of recent times Floyd hasn't been doing the same. Ward just blazed through the best in a very solid division.

Comment

I prefer watching Mayweather fight. He also has more fights that I can rewatch and still feel entertained.

Mayweather's fights from 130lb-140lb are a real treat.

Comment

Mayweather by far. I prefer watching Ward, but what he does in the ring is very subtle. Stepping on your foot and landing a jab, inside uppercuts, roughing up his opponent inside the clinch. Floyd is flashy, and what he does is clean and easy to see for even the most casual of fans. He taunts you, makes you miss wide and then lands clean, easy to see counter punches.

Comment

Id rather watch Floyd, just not the Baldomir one

Comment

Neither guy is a blood and guts Rocky Balboa type but i find them both good viewing, Floyd even more so than Ward

Comment

they're tied for me...andre ward is much more engaging especially on the inside but floyd used to be a very exciting fighter 130-140 and has shown to take more risks in fights these last two years

Comment

I would rather Watch Mayweather Corrales, Mayweather Gatti and Mayweather Cotto over Ward Froch Ward Kessler and Ward Dawson

Comment

Working...
                    X