Biggest robberies in boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    Courtney Burton vs Emmanuel Agustus
    Right. Imagine the guy penalising Augustus for "spinning" himself out of a clinch. Was that the fight where Teddy Atlas got at the ref and later at one of the cCommission members and exposed their utter ignorance of boxing rules. Or was it a different one.

Whichever, Teddy's attack is one of my fond boxing memories, even though I think he's a nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
      Said it before I'll say it again. Byrd Oquendo, and Foreman-Briggs.
      Foreman Briggs is a fight that often gets overlooked, mostly because Foreman was just about done with boxing, and he didn't make a big thing out of it. He didn't even complain about it.

9-3 for Briggs??? Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Foreman Briggs is a fight that often gets overlooked, mostly because Foreman was just about done with boxing, and he didn't make a big thing out of it. He didn't even complain about it.

9-3 for Briggs??? Horrible.
        Yeah I think he was disgusted....HOWEVER...Karma is a ***** because honestly, Axel Shultz kicked his ass too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          Yeah I think he was disgusted....HOWEVER...Karma is a ***** because honestly, Axel Shultz kicked his ass too.
          From what I remember, after fight during Foreman's interview, all he said was something like "Oh well there's nothing you can do about that, just be thankful for your family" he seemed to take it well.

I didn't see Schultz-Foreman.

Comment

hoya-trinidad
            castillo-mayweather 1
            marquez-pac 2

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              From what I remember, after fight during Foreman's interview, all he said was something like "Oh well there's nothing you can do about that, just be thankful for your family" he seemed to take it well.

I didn't see Schultz-Foreman.
              Oh man..check out that fight when you can. It was handed to Foreman on a platter.

Speaking of that, I've posted it before, but I was at a titty bar in L.A. out by the airport and I ran into a mexican guy. I was watching boxing and he was like "You a boxing fan?" I was like yeah...he said well I used to be a heavyweight boxer, and in Foreman's comeback I was offered a fight with him but only on one condition, I had to throw the fight and I get 100,000 for it. He said he turned it down though. When I got home, I looked the guy up and he was legit!

Comment

Originally posted by TuR'oK View Post
                hoya-trinidad
                castillo-mayweather 1
                marquez-pac 2
                Close fights aren't robberies and Marquez-Pac 2 could have went either way.
                I agree with #2 but not #1.

Comment

Dempsey-Tunney Dempsey KO'd Tunney....****ing long count at least 14 second... total bull****.

Comment

Just reading about some of these robberies puts my stomach in knots. It doesn't happen often, but it happens too often. Even the close, controversial fights, with the inevitable sole ref scoring a lopsided fight... I think to myself, "There has to be a better way." But then I realize, this is boxing; no matter what you do, it can't outrun its own corrupt legacy.

Comment

I think a lot of the fights used as examples in this thread don't really qualify as robberies. To me a robbery is a decision that is clearly and demonstrably wrong. A lot of the fights posted in this thread were far too close to be called robberies. Bad decision? Perhaps. Robbery? No. I actually think true robberies are rare in boxing. One thing that is common is poor scoring. Far too often the right guy gets the decision, but gets it by a widely inaccurate margin.

Comment

Working...
                      X