Ring PPV Update: Canelo Stays #9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont try to figure out what's in Chucky's mind

Comment

I actually don't mind him not dropping out ONLY because he was there in the first place. Being out-boxed by Floyd Mayweather, logically, does not indicate how you would do if you were to move up or move down a division.

My problem would be that Austin Trout is it. A light hitting leftie is his argument to be on the pound for pound list. So, Alvarez is top 10 for beating the man who beat the man who lost to THE man...but didn't lose as bad as the public expected him to.

Comment

I think we've all established that The Ring's pound for pound list is a complete and utter joke and it just seems too tedious and obvious to have to continually point that out. These lists have always been subjective, but there's no real logic behind Brother even being considered among the elite, let alone him being among he top five.

The Ring is a promotional/marketing tool for Golden Boy Promotions at this point and nothing more than that. It really is quite irrelevant these days, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
          It hasn't been updated yet. "Ratings as of Aug 18"
          They have his win lose record updated, would it be so hard to shift the list.....................

GB just doesnt want to drop Canelo out the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            You have a problem with Canelo but not Broner who barley squeaked by Paulie
            He didn't just squeak by Paulie. Paulie didn't do anything the entire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
              I think we've all established that The Ring's pound for pound list is a complete and utter joke and it just seems too tedious and obvious to have to continually point that out. These lists have always been subjective, but there's no real logic behind Brother even being considered among the elite, let alone him being among he top five.

The Ring is a promotional/marketing tool for Golden Boy Promotions at this point and nothing more than that. It really is quite irrelevant these days, unfortunately.
              True, still you'd expect them not to be quite as crass about it. I thought they really outdid themselves this time, shameless. Froch has the stiff Groves challenge coming up in 2+ months, lets not jump the gun and remove the guy with shot, undersized Mosley as his 2nd best win.

Comment

So no way to change the thread title? PPV -> P4P, brainfart

Comment

Canelo and Broner shouldn't be on there. I think Swift cracked the top 10 after Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                    He didn't just squeak by Paulie. Paulie didn't do anything the entire fight.
                    He performed well under expectations against one of the lightest punchers out there. Not exactly p4p worthy

Comment

Working...
                    X