No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words - Klitschko-Adamek: Goliath Slays David

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fighting Words - Klitschko-Adamek: Goliath Slays David

by David P. Greisman - Jack chopped the giant down from the beanstalk. David slew Goliath. Max Baer toppled Primo Carnera.

Fictional. Biblical. Historical. The morals match. The underdog triumphs.

It’s true what they say – it’s not just the size that matters. It’s also how you use it.

Vitali Klitschko (6-foot-7) and Wladimir Klitschko (6-foot-6) use their size well. Michael Grant (6-foot-7) and Kevin McBride (6-foot-6) did not.

Tomasz Adamek, billed generously at 6-foot-2 and a half, was a smaller man with tremendous ambition. He was formerly a light heavyweight, weighing in the day before the fight at no more than 175 pounds. He had moved up to cruiserweight, a division with a limit of 200 pounds. Now he wanted the heavyweight championship. The Klitschko brothers tip the scales at more than 240 pounds.

Adamek’s campaign to become a contender in boxing’s marquee division began two years ago in his native Poland, where Adamek beat up Andrew Golota and their countrymen passed their allegiance from old Polish heavyweight to new.

Adamek’s campaign ended Saturday. The morals contained in the fictional fairy tales, biblical passages and historical episodes are meaningful because they are unexpected and, as a result, inspiring. Not every ending is happy. Sometimes Goliath slays David.

Adamek, lean at light heavyweight, had been a titleholder. He added mass and muscle, carrying power at cruiserweight and capturing that division’s championship. Heavyweight, however, would require some acclimation before any acclaim. [Click Here To Read More]

A rare disappointing article by David G. overlong, overloaded with info we all have read several times already, and in error in a few places, for instance Max Baer wasn't "the underdog" in the Carnera fight. It was virtually an even fight with the betting odds 10-9 in Carnera's favour.

Also Solis was NOT winning that first and only round against V. Klitschko he was losing it, since Klitschko was attacking him from the bell, and outthrew and outlanded him substantially in that one round.

Comment

Terrible article with poorly used metaphors.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSTAM View Post
        Terrible article with poorly used metaphors.
        He oftn makes very good poits, but...he's inclined to pontificate, and it's getting worse, but usually not so ponderous and verbose as this article has shown. I feel he knew he really had nothing to say about it which had not already been said but had to produce somthing to fill space. And this seemed very obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          He oftn makes very good poits, but...he's inclined to pontificate, and it's getting worse, but usually not so ponderous and verbose as this article has shown. I feel he knew he really had nothing to say about it which had not already been said but had to produce somthing to fill space. And this seemed very obvious.
          He never makes good points, and his poor writing skills are evident if you rummage through his past few articles. He knew what he wanted to say, but what he wanted to say was tedious, lame and incorrect. Why do you feel the need to make excuses for such an obvious joke of a writer?

Comment

Are stupid people just mad that we have two new top ten all time heavyweights? I don't care what anyone says about these fighters not having opponents deemed worthy. The keyboard warriors will ALWAYS look for something to point out about every fighter. I got something for you guys:

Comment

FYI "Rostam" that GAY avatar. "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by ROSTAM View Post
                He never makes good points, and his poor writing skills are evident if you rummage through his past few articles. He knew what he wanted to say, but what he wanted to say was tedious, lame and incorrect. Why do you feel the need to make excuses for such an obvious joke of a writer?

I wasn't aware I was making excuses for him. I thought I was bening heavily critical, but in good taste. It seems as if he has allowed that ponderous style he adopted to run away with him. He used to be far more concise and sharp, even if never attenuated.

Comment

Funny how the mind works. Because when I first glanced at the title of the article my mind only caught the words Klitschko Slays David. And I was hoping that meant that Vitali had run into David Haye in some dark alley in London and beat the crap out of him for free. After all with his broken toe and all Haye couldn't have run from him.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    I wasn't aware I was making excuses for him. I thought I was bening heavily critical, but in good taste. It seems as if he has allowed that ponderous style he adopted to run away with him. He used to be far more concise and sharp, even if never attenuated.
                    You were making excuses you slimy old cretin, and he has never wrote "sharp and concise" articles, maybe in your own deluded mind which happens to be filled with misguided nonsensical trash.

terrible article from a terrible writer.

Comment

Working...
                    X