Andre Dirrell could be back on Soliman/Taylor card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Dirrell could be back on Soliman/Taylor card

http://tinyurl.com/kplugrv

Well... looks like he's about to be more active than Ward and Chavez Jnr. combined

Great link bro.

Comment

Hope it's against somebody good.... already meh with the card.

Also little irked that Bizier/Van Heerden just got bumped from the WNF the week before

Comment

This card just got a whole lot better, they should think of putting the card on PPV... so stacked :P

Comment

Wake me up when it's against someone relevant.

Comment

If this was even ten years ago, Dirrell would be bumped up into the main event following Taylors arrest. But the way things work these days, I doubt it'll happen.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              If this was even ten years ago, Dirrell would be bumped up into the main event following Taylors arrest. But the way things work these days, I doubt it'll happen.
              I think they'd still have him in the main if his opponent was decent enough

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                I think they'd still have him in the main if his opponent was decent enough
                I was talking about Dirrell facing Soliman, but I just looked and saw the guy isn't even rated by the IBF.

If the Soliman-Taylor bout is scrapped, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dirrell-TBA headline... the money's already been allocated.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  I was talking about Dirrell facing Soliman, but I just looked and saw the guy isn't even rated by the IBF.

If the Soliman-Taylor bout is scrapped, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dirrell-TBA headline... the money's already been allocated.
                  Could he even make 160?
                  Also I wonder if they'd just find a replacement opponent for Soliman, Taylor was the lowest rated of the IBF.... doubt it though since Taylor was a Haymon guy and he has no use for him

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Could he even make 160?
                    Also I wonder if they'd just find a replacement opponent for Soliman, Taylor was the lowest rated of the IBF.... doubt it though since Taylor was a Haymon guy and he has no use for him
                    This fight was at 160?? FUCK. Taylor is asking to die.

I doubt Soliman would be interested anyway; Taylor was a 3/1 dog. He was there to be an opponent with a random chance for a big upset, but was almost certainly going to get KTFO.

Sergio Mora would probably be the only viable ranked guy that could save this bout should Taylor withdraw, but that would be a risky, even-money fight for Soliman.

Comment

Working...
                    X