Is the universe round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    It's crazy to think about IMO.

But the universe is infinite, right??? Like it just keeps on going forever right???
    Apparently not, according to big bang physicists the Universe has been expanding ever since the big bang, but it does have an end. And when the universe has finally reached its full expansion it will then start to contract again.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Apparently not, according to big bang physicists the Universe has been expanding ever since the big bang, but it does have an end. And when the universe has finally reached its full expansion it will then start to contract again.
      What do you mean apparently not lol

There is no "end" to space. It stretches infinitely. How could there possibly be an end? And what would be there when you reached it? A big wall?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        What do you mean apparently not lol

There is no "end" to space. It stretches infinitely. How could there possibly be an end? And what could possibly be at the end? A big wall?
        I get what he's saying.

Apparently the universe is expanding but it will 'contract' eventually.

I'll try to dig up an article hold on

Comment

So what, its still expanding but at the "end" is there a "hole" that transports you back to the "beginning"?

Comment

Took me forever to finish this project.

Comment

If the universe is expanding, which is a fact actually, then there has to be an end to it. I like the M theory.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                So what, its still expanding but at the "end" is there a "hole" that transports you back to the "beginning"?
                What if it's a bubble that to get out of it, it is similar to humans trying to get out of Earth. Like our universe has a gravitational pull that keeps us from falling, it's the same with the universe probably. Maybe advanced intelligent life travel from universe to universe while we struggle to travel from world to world/solar systems/galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  If the universe is expanding, which is a fact actually, then there has to be an end to it. I like the M theory.
                  There is no way to visualise curved 3D space. However if we could travel faster than the speed of light, or faster than the expansion of space, we could theoretically return to our point of origin. I highly doubt there is an 'edge' to the universe as space curves back in on itself. In this context, the universe is both flat and finite. Flat and finite doesn't mean there is an 'edge' or limit to the universe just that you'll eventually return to the point you departed from if you travel in a straight line. Think of standing in a small cube with portals on all sides. If you reached out through one side, you could scratch your back. If you reached up you could tickle your feet. If you started to walk forward, you'd return to where you previously stood. There's no edge, and the space isn't infinitely large. It has a measurable size at any given time, yet it is unbounded.

Comment

I dunno if its round, but I think its 129 GB... so it won't fit in any iPad...

Comment

man all this talk is blowing my mind

or maybe it's just the chronic

but i'm pretty sure it's the discussion

i think

Comment

Working...
                      X