No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs. Charlo

Now that Jermell Charlo has had his break-out performance, how do you think this match-up would play out? Both are 23 years old, and it seems like a realistic bout that could happen in the future.

Canelo beats Charlo IMO.

Sure Charlo moves well and has a solid set of skills but I wouldn't label him as 'slick' either

Comment

I'm leaning on Charlo...

Unlike Trout, he has descent punching power for the division.

Comment

Does anyone think GBP would try to match Canelo with Charlo before Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Does anyone think GBP would try to match Canelo with Charlo before Lara?
          Don't they have the same trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Don't they have the same trainer?
            Both are trained by Shields. Though Lara is more experienced, Charlo has greater physical advantages. There's clearly some hesitancy to fight Lara, and that might carry over for Charlo. Canelo is gonna have to fight a "boxer" soon, unless he goes from one brawler (Angulo) to another (Kirkland).

Comment

I'd go with Canelo, comfortably too.

Comment

Canelo got shutout by Floyd but he did show moments of surprisingly good boxing. He was for the most part "keeping up" with floyd towards the beginning of the fight. Losing, but not looking like he DIDNT belong. Sure, Floyd started taking him to school but it's Floyd. Canelo also outboxed Trout. I think... Call me crazy but I think Canelo might be alittle bit more skilled than Charlo right now, not to mention being the better fighter. Charlo is improving though but Canelo seems a bit more complete in comparison. I think the experience of fighting Floyd is also something to build on. He went 12 rounds with the best fighter on the planet thats some good schooling.

You see it all the time, fighters having fought a good fighter (sometimes even losing) saying things like they didnt panic, been hit harder... Or so and so didnt seem as fast as another fighter etc etc. When you've seen better that's a confidence booster.

Very impressed with the Charlo bros though they seem to be learning a lot lately and they are starting to look like theyve been at it longer than they have. If he keeps improving nmand Canelo stays around the class and winning this will be a good fight few years down the line, maybe even sooner depending on how much noise is made. Hard not to like em all.

I'm not sure I'd even favor Jermell over Trout right now. Not sure he's therre quite yet. I think he could be another year or so away. He might be though but I need to see before I can fully believe. I think hes got the goods
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-26-2014, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I don't think Golden Boy will put Canelo in with a mover for the next year or so unless it's a Floyd rematch.

Comment

Working...
                  X