No announcement yet.

Robbery !!! ... They do happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
    Rosado needed a kd in the 12th in a 10 round fight?
    Lol.. They got another two rounds in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
      Rosado needed a kd in the 12th in a 10 round fight?
      Blah...I meant I had love up 2 points going into the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        That's my thing the fights you mentioned weren't even close and were clearly robberies. But I also believe that in certain cases even 7-5 / 6-4 fights can be considered robberies. Maybe love/rosado wasn't the best example I only watched it once last night, I was drinking, and I was pulling for Rosado... But a Devon/Mathysse fight was one of those situations where the fight was close in terms of how many rounds were won but the Lucas won more rounds [B]clearly [/B. And scored a kd... It's kind of hard to not call that a robbery ... Or at least IMHO.
        I agree in general, you can have a close robbery. I just thought Love by 1pt is a legit score, even if I disagreed on a single round. But if you're pulling for a guy hard, you're more focused on his good work, so I can see how you'd have 5 clear rounds to Rosado.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Robberies do happen but sorry, this one was not a robbery. It was a close fight but Love won most of the early rounds leading up to the knock down.

Now, I wouldn't of been mad either way, I just think people fail to realize that boxing is a 12 round or 10 round affair and it's easy to see a knockdown and be swayed by that.

I do think the scoring was off, but I'm not upset that Love got the nod. I think it was a very, very close fight and some of those rounds were incredibly hard to decide.
          There's only one way to score a fight, and that's round-by-round. Watching a fight without keeping score is totally unreliable. It's easy to be swayed by aggression and knockdowns. That's why so many casual fans scream robbery when there isn't any. The first time I watch a fight, I don't keep score. I'll usually only break out the pen if the contest is controversial and I truly want to judge for myself. Unless one guy is dominating the majority of the fight, a couple of swing rounds can really make things hazy. Judging a close fight can be very tricky, to say the least.

Comment

95-94 Love. Close fight

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              There's only one way to score a fight, and that's round-by-round. Watching a fight without keeping score is totally unreliable. It's easy to be swayed by aggression and knockdowns. That's why so many casual fans scream robbery when there isn't any. The first time I watch a fight, I don't keep score. I'll usually only break out the pen if the contest is controversial and I truly want to judge for myself. Unless one guy is dominating the majority of the fight, a couple of swing rounds can really make things hazy. Judging a close fight can be very tricky, to say the least.
              Yea ill watch it again tonight and really score.. But just from what I saw last night I thought the rosado rounds were pretty clear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                Yea ill watch it again tonight and really score.. But just from what I saw last night I thought the rosado rounds were pretty clear cut.
                Yeah, I'm not saying I disagree, but it wouldn't be the first time I re-watched a fight and thought: "What the hell did I see the first time around?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Absolutely and to add to that, you can have a very tight fight and it can go all for one fighter.

Judging it like every round is an individual fight is the way to go. People see a knockdown and then the fight is over, it's just not that way.

Again, I thought it was a very close fight but I'm not mad at Love getting the nod. If they would have given it to Rosado, I would have been cool with that too.

Also, when you are watching a fight from ringside, it's very different than watching it on TV. I don't envy the judges.

Comment

This is how I had it.

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Last edited by Roey Haque; 05-05-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Love lost the fight clearly.

Comment

Working...
                      X