Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime 147 Felix Trinidad vs 147 Floyd Mayweather Jr. Who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime 147 Felix Trinidad vs 147 Floyd Mayweather Jr. Who takes it?

This match up always interested me. Want to hear opinions on who you guys think will win this.

I understand that 147 is not Floyd's prime weight, but it's the lowest possible weight that he could have fought a prime Trinidad in. So it is what it is.

Floyd is definitely the better boxer even at 147, he was more skilled (although Tito was quite skilled as well) and had better defense.

Floyd really does not have that one punch KO power at 147+ to knock out Trinidad. Trinidad's knock downs were also mainly off balance KD'S and he recovered from every one (bar Hopkins).

Sweet Pea was a southpaw and awkward to hit for Trinidad. There is always issues with the footing, Floyd is orthodox and if he came in he would get tagged a bit more flush than was Tito was doing on Pea. if Floyd opened up with Tito he'd get caught and Trinidad was a surreal finisher.

Trinidad was a massive WW at 5'11+ that lost agility and speed as he moved up.
    Hopkins-Wright-Jones were all bigger fighters. At 147 he had his full speed and agility, along with his power and size advantage over most other 147 fighters, definitely over a 5'8 FLoyd.

He had a huge right hand and he could fire back and forth with left hooks and straight rights very quickly.

What Winky did to a past prime Trinidad was something that Floyd could do as well to a prime Tito at 147. Obviously Winky was the naturally bigger man and stood at 5'11+ as well.

If Floyd does win this, I see him fighting a ultra cautious fight and winning a close UD.
    Tito Trinidad
    47.35%
    Floyd
    52.65%
    Last edited by chloelloyd; 09-14-2012, 05:07 AM.

floyd by UD.

size and power dont mean **** if you cant apply it in the ring and theres no ability easier to neutralize than size and power. floyds greatest asset is his abilty to neutralize his opponents greatest weapon. his boxing skills and intelligence matched with titos simplistic approach wouldnt allow trinidad to land anything significant. tito was so heavy on his feet and always came in straight lines i dont see how he would land clean power punches on mayweather, the movement alone would neutralize most of titos attack.

i love tito but a top level technical fighter with a good boxing brain will always give him hell, likewise a fighter who comes at him and wants to make it physical is going down in flames quick. keep in mind whitaker was a shell of his former self by the time he fought tito. mayweather boxes circles around him early and his conditioning, mental toughness and ability to set the pace against almost any fighter would allow him to stand up to titos pressure down the stretch.

Comment

I would favor Trinidad in a decision. I actually think Tito would get a legit kd on Floyd. I still dont believe weve seen Floyd pushed to his limits but I think Trinidad would push him to his limits. Could Floyd surprise me and win a d sure but I put my money on Tito.

Comment

Tito was outboxed by Winky, Hopkins, and Oscar...the blueprint was put on display 3 times. Tito can't hang with elite technical fighters and he's going up against the best one of our era? Floyd by UD

Comment

You want the truth....

It would be we ain't fighting to see who the best is, Tito is from Pureto Rico, or health come first.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyp4p View Post
            Tito was outboxed by Winky, Hopkins, and Oscar...the blueprint was put on display 3 times. Tito can't hang with elite technical fighters and he's going up against the best one of our era? Floyd by UD
            All were bigger than Floyd, 2 were bigger than Tito.

Floyd gets Sweet Pea'd. Losses a ud & gets kd'd along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
              This match up always interested me. Want to hear opinions on who you guys think will win this.

I understand that 147 is not Floyd's prime weight, but it's the lowest possible weight that he could have fought a prime Trinidad in. So it is what it is.

Floyd is definitely the better boxer even at 147, he was more skilled (although Tito was quite skilled as well) and had better defense.

Floyd really does not have that one punch KO power at 147+ to knock out Trinidad. Trinidad's knock downs were also mainly off balance KD'S and he recovered from every one (bar Hopkins).

Sweet Pea was a southpaw and awkward to hit for Trinidad. There is always issues with the footing, Floyd is orthodox and if he came in he would get tagged a bit more flush than was Tito was doing on Pea. if Floyd opened up with Tito he'd get caught and Trinidad was a surreal finisher.

Trinidad was a massive WW at 5'11+ that lost agility and speed as he moved up.
              Hopkins-Wright-Jones were all bigger fighters. At 147 he had his full speed and agility, along with his power and size advantage over most other 147 fighters, definitely over a 5'8 FLoyd.

He had a huge right hand and he could fire back and forth with left hooks and straight rights very quickly.

What Winky did to a past prime Trinidad was something that Floyd could do as well to a prime Tito at 147. Obviously Winky was the naturally bigger man and stood at 5'11+ as well.

If Floyd does win this, I see him fighting a ultra cautious fight and winning a close UD.
              floyd by UD. Tito has tremendous power but if you don't hit someone your power is negated.

Comment

I doubt it..........

Let's not forget that Hopkins was an undercover Light heavy when he fought Oscar and Tito. Winky was also too big for Tito and on top of that, he was DRAINED in that fight and could no longer make 154. Nobody Tito's size could take his punches for twelve rounds. And guess what? Floyd would get hit and get hit often. Tito's work-rate would have been too much for the smaller Floyd to handle. He gets too much credit here. His resume is very questionable and he plays with Boxing. I don't respect fighters like that. Tito IS Boxing and that's the difference between Floyd and all the greats before him.

Comment

floyd comfortable decision. trinindad cant fight boxers.

Comment

Floyd would do what Oscar did to Tito, but better.

Comment

Working...
                    X