Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a boxer more diva-like about contracts than Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    probably cuz floyd never wanted the fight in the first place. he'd never do 50/50 and agree to 10 million per pound penalty unless somethin was up.
    Naw man I think its the opposite. Mayweather was unprepared when Top rank walked away for the last time. They had Shaf trying even after Arum said he was done. He wanted the fight. That's why he had them put out public statements about Pac not knowing about the 14 days and what not. Only fight I have seen him go after this hard was the Oscar fight.

Comment

im a manny pacquaio fan and i hate to say this but yes team pacquiao also struggles before signing a fight...

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
        lol does anyone remember the pac hatton negotiations......pac took forever to sign the contract and that fat banker shaffer said the same ****.....everyone needs to calm the **** down without talking about floyd for one day......
        they fought, didnt they? how'd hatton do btw?

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
        Yeah, His name is Manny Pacquiao..
        i was unaware moving up two weight classes and knocking opponents out was diva-like. i got to get with the times!

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
          Naw man I think its the opposite. Mayweather was unprepared when Top rank walked away for the last time. They had Shaf trying even after Arum said he was done. He wanted the fight. That's why he had them put out public statements about Pac not knowing about the 14 days and what not. Only fight I have seen him go after this hard was the Oscar fight.

For anyone to suggest Mayweather didnt want the fight shows how limited their knowledge of boxing or they're a Pac fan. You dont say yes to a 10 million dollar penalty and you dont continue trying to negotiate while your opponent has lined up 2 or 3 fighter already if you dont want a fight.

There is something about Mayweather that makes intelligent poster write dumb sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by adobostreak View Post
            they fought, didnt they? how'd hatton do btw?

i was unaware moving up two weight classes and knocking opponents out was diva-like. i got to get with the times!

Whats moving up in weight and knocking out opponents got to do with your thread about contracts???

Comment

no, simply put, no

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                For anyone to suggest Mayweather didnt want the fight shows how limited their knowledge of boxing or they're a Pac fan. You dont say yes to a 10 million dollar penalty and you dont continue trying to negotiate while your opponent has lined up 2 or 3 fighter already if you dont want a fight.

There is something about Mayweather that makes intelligent poster write dumb sometimes.
                Not to start this never ending chicken or the egg argument again and again, but if all that's true and floyd wanted this fight so badly and more than any other fight, then why the crazy drug test demands? lol kinda kills the argument right there. He wanted the fight so badly and yet he wouldn't drop the one thing that would kill the fight. Makes no sense.

Comment

bernard is the worst than it's pacquiao.i can't remember ever hearin floyd havin negotiation problems

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Not to start this never ending chicken or the egg argument again and again, but if all that's true and floyd wanted this fight so badly and more than any other fight, then why the crazy drug test demands? lol kinda kills the argument right there. He wanted the fight so badly and yet he wouldn't drop the one thing that would kill the fight. Makes no sense.

You're right i dont want to start it again.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                      bernard is the worst than it's pacquiao.i can't remember ever hearin floyd havin negotiation problems

Mayweather has never had negotiating problem with fighter, The Hatton fight was done without too many issues, The oscar fight was done without too many issues, Mayweather had problem with HBO though in which he accuse them of offering him slave-wages when he saw what Naz was Paid.

Comment

Working...
                      X