Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how David Diaz is worth 15 million dollars???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had no AC in his car until the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
      and that includes the biggest bull****ter of them all,

Forbes.

I dont know how many times this has to be said but Forbes or ANY PUBLICATION OR MAGAZINE DOES NOT KNOW HOW MUCH ANOTHER MAN HAS IN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT. THEY ARE DOING IT TO SELL MAGAZINES AND GET VIEWS.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS PEOPLE.
      LOL at you, Forbes is a respect business mag.

Most commercial assets are actually publicly listed/can be accessed via inquiry. Oh and btw 90% of rich people's wealth isn't in their bank accounts....

Forbes has the researchers employed specifically to look for things like this.

Comment

Wasn't he just in Expendables 3? Figure with him rubbing elbow's in Hollywood he had to have made some connections on making paper.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Better question is why do posters on a forum always seem upset that a boxer actually has money saved up
          Obviously can't speak for everyone, but I'm not upset, just surprised and confused. I wanna say he made 650K for the Pac fight. Lets say I'm wrong and he made 1.5 mil. Let also say that he made another 3.5 mil for all his other fights leading to 5 million total, which I don't see any way he possibly made, that still means he's tripled his money over the last couple years. That's amazing for any businessman. Seriously if that's true he should consider writing a book on investing.

Comment

$650k, How about IPO Stocks, appreciated overnight @ 23x? impossible? NAH

Comment

oops my bad wrong fighter. Who knows maybe he went old school and got a bunch of rental properties on the low when the housing market crashes. Doesn't take a super smart dude to make a bunch of money. Sometimes it just takes being in the right place at the right time.

Comment

I would say it is just an amount they stamped on the page as they have no idea how much he is worth. He might have a couple rental properties and making a decent living, unless he had some successful side business while fighting.

When you consider that when he made 650K against Manny, He did not even see 200K after everyone took their share.

Same with the Floyd and Manny Net worth's, they just tally up the purses LOL. A fighter is very lucky to see 25 percent of a purse after everyone else grabbed their share.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  LOL at you, Forbes is a respect business mag.

Most commercial assets are actually publicly listed/can be accessed via inquiry. Oh and btw 90% of rich people's wealth isn't in their bank accounts....

Forbes has the researchers employed specifically to look for things like this.
                  You don't know what you're talking about. Private assets are private assets, they aren't publicly listed anywhere. Forbes really is a bull**** rag of a magazine.

This site never surprises me though, for all the forums and message boards I visit and have visited, this has gotta be the board with the dumbest people.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
                    $650k, How about IPO Stocks, appreciated overnight @ 23x? impossible? NAH
                    Are you just speculating? And doing it with little intelligence? I can do it too, buy some chickens... kill all the chickens left in the world - you have the only chickens = profit.

I worked at a brokerage firm for a while in Asia (still working in finance but far less demanding on my time and sanity levels now), assuming that 650k is almost everything he has why would he invest it into all an IPO? That would be the way idiots trade, smart investors would arbitrage away the advantage eventually and someone loses money.

Comment

the david diaz that fought pac?? wow that's really really good. glad to see a retired boxer doing so well. david diaz is a cool guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X