Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Pacquaio would have cleaned out 140 and enhanced his legacy if he stayed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For his fifth lineal title he would have to beat floyd at 147 or 154

I dont think he can make 135 anymore for a 5th lineal title

I think his lineal titles are 112, 126, 130, and 140

Honestly id rather he stayed at 140 at 147 he has fought ,3 guys who moved up to face him from 140 anyway...rios, marquez, and bradley who was the man at 140.then moved up

Comment

Originally posted by Rust Cohle View Post
      Sasakul was far from weak. He had never been knocked out before and was beasting through the flyweight division before he got to Manny. Manny was a huge underdog going into that fight and was losing big before knocking out Sasakul in the 8th.
      Ya but all the other names are better all time. Even some shot fighters they faced. That's the point i was trying to make a lineal title is great but facing a name that will bump your status and resume is better than a lineal.

Comment

I'll stick by what I've always said. Pac at 140 would beat almost anyone else at that weight in a straight up fight and he would beat 140 Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust Cohle View Post
          Sasakul was far from weak. He had never been knocked out before and was beasting through the flyweight division before he got to Manny. Manny was a huge underdog going into that fight and was losing big before knocking out Sasakul in the 8th.
          Yes huge underdog, I bet you were watching back then huh?

Comment

There was nobody at 140 at that time actually. All the big names were at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Always said we might have missed out on what could have been his best division, Hatton never knew what hit him

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I'll stick by what I've always said. Pac at 140 would beat almost anyone else at that weight in a straight up fight and he would beat 140 Floyd Mayweather.
                I agree he beats almost anyone at 140 outside of Pryor, canzoneri, barney ross, benitez, mayweather...tszyu would be a toss up, that right hand oh dear

You do realize that mayweather at 140 was in his prime 27 to 28

Not the floyd of today...he was more offensive coming into his own as a defensive maestro with the athleticism of his youth and was actually hurting, dropping, and stopping guys

I think pac today has better shot, his defense is better, he isnt as reckless and has better ring generalship

Comment

How could he have cleaned out the division at 140 when the best 5-8 fighters are with GB......he would of been fighting bums at 140 with Top Rank!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericd314 View Post
                    How could he have cleaned out the division at 140 when the best 5-8 fighters are with GB......he would of been fighting bums at 140 with Top Rank!
                    none of these guys were a factor after Pac detonated Hatton. Gbp had nothing at 140 nor was there any quality comp in the division

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      none of these guys were a factor after Pac detonated Hatton. Gbp had nothing at 140 nor was there any quality comp in the division
                      I was saying had he stayed there between then and now....WW has a lot of golden boy fighters as well

The point is Pacquaio is/was better suited for 140 and could have stayed there had some more fights.

Over the past 5 years there have been a lot of talent in that weight class

Comment

Working...
                      X