Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant a the P4P PPV king sell tickets on any given day ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    Pacquiao's numbers against Algieri left you discombobulated. One day it is "PPV no. don't matter," the next day "It is why can't Floyd sell on this date?"

To answer your question, it is about maximising profits. He could sell most days of the year, but certain dates are more lucrative than others.
    Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Cinco De Mayweather. If he went H2H with Canelo v Cotto he'd still sell more than Pacquiaos last fight.
    If Floyd wants to maximize his profits then why the hell is he hiding from Pacquiao?

Just admit that Floyd is a scared coward, Period!!! :crybaby:

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Where in this thread did i say it matters? I know youre a little slow so i will take it easy on you! I can care less about the PPV numbers Mannys or Floyds. But to comment on Mannys numbers that you brought up...I thinjk thats not have bad for fighting a unknown nobody in a shlt fight to begin with. pulled 400k by himself in a shlt lame ass match up, nobody cared about. I wonder what floyd would have done with Algieri lol?
      Mayweather wouldn't choose such a bad opponent. That fight was one of the worse PPV's in history.

Comment

Why are Manny fans and angry, ****sexual, ****phobic race baiters so upset that Vegas gives Floyd these dates?

There isn't much else going on in mainstream US sports and Mexicans are celebrating holidays. Those involved with boxing want to make as much money possible so these dates are given to the boxer who is most known among casual sports fans-Floyd.

They can select the best opponent ( ex. cotto or Mosley) and make great money. To maximize profit they can get the most popular Mexican fighter near his weight with the hopes that mexican and Mexican americans will travel to Vegas to celebrate the holiday and take in the fight since they are big fight fans.

I'm surprised this bothers people so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
          Exactly. Who's to say he can't? Just because he choses to fight on those dates doesn't mean he can't fight on other dates. It's about maximising profit. Why wouldn't the biggest star in the sport want the biggest dates of the year?
          hahaha His opponents on that day is what will make him or break him. Going head to head with the biggest draw in Mexican fighters right now with the biggest draw in Puerto Rican fighters right now isnt a smart business decision. Other than Manny what other fighter will surpass those two on that day??? Floyd has to take a side.

Comment

I mean if youre the P4P PPV king you should be able to sell tickets on any day any month with any race or nationality of a fighter. Cotto Canelo makes better sense on that May 2nd date. Plus cant Floyd move over to May 9th? I mean he is the PPV king...why not May 9th?
            Because according to Floyd:

http://youtu.be/mD1U6RLzZlA

Comment

To sell even more ppvs. The OP reeks of butthurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Mayweather wouldn't choose such a bad opponent. That fight was one of the worse PPV's in history.
                Well i have to agree with you on Floyd not fighting a nobody opponent. because he only fights for money. He needs b and c class opponents that he can secure a win from. Fighting a hungry nobody is to much of a risk with no reward if he loses.
                Oh and btw...bigger named fighters on PPV made much less dummy. So it wanst the worst...
                Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Márquez = 375,000
                Saúl Álvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo = 350,000
                Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martínez = 315,000
                Saúl Álvarez vs. Erislandy Lara = 300,000
                Antonio Tarver vs. Roy Jones, Jr. = 302,000
                James Toney vs. Evander Holyfield =150,000
                Mike Tyson vs. Clifford Etienne = 100,000

so much for that theory :AOR:

Comment

Honestly, if floyd a nonhispanic off those dates and did well, I'd be impressed.

Comment

Well i have to agree with you on Floyd not fighting a nobody opponent. because he only fights for money. He needs b and c class opponents that he can secure a win from. Fighting a hungry nobody is to much of a risk with no reward if he loses.
                    Oh and btw...bigger named fighters on PPV made much less dummy. So it wanst the worst...
                    Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Márquez = 375,000
                    Saúl Álvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo = 350,000
                    Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martínez = 315,000
                    Saúl Álvarez vs. Erislandy Lara = 300,000
                    Antonio Tarver vs. Roy Jones, Jr. = 302,000
                    James Toney vs. Evander Holyfield =150,000
                    Mike Tyson vs. Clifford Etienne = 100,000

so much for that theory :AOR:
                    One of the worse in quality.

Now who only cares about PPVs?

Comment

Its only about maximizing profits if it is against a Mexican opponent or an opponent with a Mexican fan base...Other than that, its about power and ego.

Mayweather - Kahn for example, would probably do better on another date besides Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X