Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should Be Foremost Priority To A Boxer --- Salary Or Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should Be Foremost Priority To A Boxer --- Salary Or Legacy?

If you had to to pick just one, which factor should be the foremost priority to any individual boxer who decides to fight professionally - the salary earned throughout the entire career as a boxer, or the legacy left behind and the accomplishments in the ring?
    Salary - the amount earned throughout the entire career
    62.96%
    Legacy - the accomplishments and achievements in the sport
    33.33%
    Other / Undecided
    3.70%

First and foremost is salary. once your comfortable financially you can concentrate on legacy.

Comment

if im a prize fighter..money comes first..legacy dont pay bills,feed kids or pay medical expenses

Comment

Cotto, Cotto, Cotto

Comment

when you go to work..do you care more about your pay check??or being employee of the month??

Comment

salary ofcourse

then

legacy

But what drives alot of people is to have a legacy in the sport anyway

Comment

Money. Look at how many fighters throughout history ended up with money problems. Boxing is extremely dangerous and offers no 401k plan.

But as a fan, it doesn't do **** for me to see fighters fight low-risk/high-reward fights. I understand it, but I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
                if im a prize fighter..money comes first..legacy dont pay bills,feed kids or pay medical expenses
                feeding kids and medical expenses costs 40 million?

Honestly if i had 100million dollars in the bank wouldn't care about making as much money as possible.

Comment

So what about when a young lad decides to take up boxing, and proclaims his goal - "I want to be remembered as the greatest fighter to have stepped through the ropes!"

That requires a legacy, which sometimes won't involve proportionate salaries (i.e. fight the best in a division according to hardcore experts, but without the payday of fighting a bigger name who isn't the best).

I think salary is the most important thing to a boxer who considers the sport to be his 'job', but for a fighter who lives for the sport and calls it his 'life', legacy should be his priority.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookFrazier View Post
                    feeding kids and medical expenses costs 40 million?

Honestly if i had 100million dollars in the bank wouldn't care about making as much money as possible
                    tyson had over 300 million in the bank..and hes broke now..holyfirld had over 200 million...money>>>>>>>>>>>legacy

Comment

Working...
                    X