Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it ok for Manny not to chase a rematch with Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
    Pac never tried to avenge his losses vs Singursat or Torrencampo either. Khan hasnt avenged his losses to Prescot, Peterson or Garcia and I think its a case of if the style doesnt suit then dont bother trying again. Bradley was able to get the W over Pac whilst on two bad ankles so maybe with Pacs age he feels Tim will only be better next time and it will be another 12 rounder he wont look good in.

Similar to the Marquez fight but their appears to be enough money in that one to make it worth the risk and its all about money with Pac and Floyd these days. Trying to prove you are teh best doesnt have much to do with it anymore.
    TBH I don't really believe the whole there's no money in a Bradley fight...Nobody knows what Pac's ppv's do in reality...Outside of Arum who has agenda's ou the azz...

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
      Pac dominated and stopped Cotto but wanted a rematch still
      I agree financially Bradley isn't the best choice but ye need to stop with this Pacquiao warrior **** because he,just like Mayweather,is looking for the money fights
      I'm not going to knock him now because Marquez is a tough fight for him but to argue that ye think he won so no need for a rematch is stupid
      Bad decision or not,Bradley got the decision
      People thought Castillo beat Mayweather so despite getting the decision,Mayweather agreed to a rematch
      Imagine the **** that would have been thrown at him if he chose to move on and not give Castillo a rematch
      Pac is always happy to give people the chance to rematch him even if he wins convincingly and dont need to give one. Floyd gave a rematch as people think he lost to castillo, and FLoyd wanted to avenge a so called loss so its different circumstance.

Pac is a warrior but rematching Bradley wont prove that, as Bradley will run. Even though he said he would take the fight to Pac in the first fight as that was the only way he was going to win, and even had the cheek to criticise JMM for not doing that against Pac. So if anything we can see the reason why Bradley is desperate for a rematch with Pac, as most think he lost, and he didnt do what he said he would.
      Pac didnt do no talking before the fight, just showed up fight night and did what he was supposed to do, so no need to even make this kind of thread up, but because this thread does exist, this response is the definitive, unbiased answer.

So no reason to criticise Pac, and only haters would even ever think of criticising Pac, especially as we saw how he took the loss and how humble he was! If Pac cried about the decision like JMM did against Pac, then you could ask the question so why dont Pac want a rematch, but Pac took the loss like a gent, even though he knows he won of course.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
        His facing Marquez, that says more about Pacquiao's competitive spirt than a rematch against Bradley.
        Manny wanting Cotto rematch at another Mannyweight as his first option says more about Manny's competitive spirit.

Comment

I don't think a rematch is warranted, but I wouldn't mind seeing it since Bradley injured himself, but if Bradley wants a bigger cut off the purse then I wouldn't blame Pac for not making the rematch.

If Bradley were to fight Floyd and beat him, then Pac should definitely make the fight

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
            im not sure i like where this is going

do we (as fans) now allow fihgters to not take care of business just coz isnt as financially rewarding??

I know we have to be realistic but accepting this is what lets them get away with it.

I'm not just targetting pac here I also think that it's disgraceful that Amir hasnt put Breidis Prescott in the ring to avenge his loss
            It's funny how things change. Once upon a time, not long ago, Pac fans were rabid at the thought of Mayweather turning down or taking fights for money, especially if there seems to be unfinished business or better fights elsewhere, because Pac was all about honour and integrity and humbleness, not money!

Now they're the ones arguing its a sensible financial decision and perfectly ok as such. Why should he rematch a guy he lost to when there is more money in a fight with a 40 year old lightweight moving up from 135, who they argue he's also already beaten three times and won a decision over in their last fight. Bizarre that. Fighting the guy you beat already, three times supposedly, instead of the guy that beat you, because Pac is about the money.

It's all about financial gain, PPV numbers and big money fights against big names for Pac now.

I love watching this **** slowly change over time and how things get pathetically justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Easy he won it..Does not take a genius to see that...
              pretty sure that's the exact opposite of what you need to be to think that bradley won that fight

you got a rd-by-rd handy? lets delve into the mind that is "rome-by-ko"

Comment

LMAO at this ****, anybody thinking Bradley won that fight is strictly an AA or a dumbass who dont know **** all about scoring a boxing match!!

Second this is strictly because of money, hence he wanting to fight Cotto,etc.

JMM is a tougher challenge than Bradley for Pacquiao and that has been proven, so stop with the Bradley made Pacquiao this and that because he didnt do shit.

Does a rematch should happend, ofcourse it should. Manny should lay Bradley out to make it official.

Comment

By the way Im just happy that Arums plans backfired. He thought that robbing Pacquiao and making Bradley the guy that beat him, given pacs big name he would make TB a big star and Pacquiao could had continue with his big fights. But what happend was both lost a lot of stock. Pacquiao lost some of his star power and nobody gives a flying fuck about Bradley!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    It's funny how things change. Once upon a time, not long ago, Pac fans were rabid at the thought of Mayweather turning down or taking fights for money, especially if there seems to be unfinished business or better fights elsewhere, because Pac was all about honour and integrity and humbleness, not money!

Now they're the ones arguing its a sensible financial decision and perfectly ok as such. Why should he rematch a guy he lost to when there is more money in a fight with a 40 year old lightweight moving up from 135, who they argue he's also already beaten three times and won a decision over in their last fight. Bizarre that. Fighting the guy you beat already, three times supposedly, instead of the guy that beat you, because Pac is about the money.

It's all about financial gain, PPV numbers and big money fights against big names for Pac now.

I love watching this **** slowly change over time and how things get pathetically justified.
                    actually, i think the arguement is, mo money, mo challenge
                    just because one had pac winning the third fight doesn't mean it wasn't a toss up
                    bradley brings in no money, and little challenge

but i think a rematch should happen again just to shut up little queers like you

Comment

****ing hell people,Bradley got the decision
                      Bradley has beaten Pacquiao not the other way round
                      Remember the ******ed reasons ye gave for him deserving the nod against Marquez last year,the same can be done for the Bradley fight
                      One could argue a round is 3 mins and Pacquiao only worked for about 40 seconds of each round
                      He can be accused of taking his foot off the gas in the last few rds
                      Bradley couldn't do **** all to Pacquiao but was busier

It doesn't matter,Bradley got the decision and its an official loss that he should avenge

Comment

Working...
                      X