Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Alexander vs Matthysse raise Judah's stock?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Alexander vs Matthysse raise Judah's stock?

I have read a lot of comments on here in the last few months basically writing off Judah's chances against Khan. I believe the opposite, I think Judah has plenty left in the tank and it wont even be a real upset if he beats Khan soundly. Considering the fact that less than a year ago Alexander was seen by many as the best at 140, and that his win over Matthysse was no more impressive than Judah's, and that Matthysse thinks Judah is a better fighter than Alexander after fighting them both, do you think Alexander was overrated or Judah underrated. If you thought Judah had little chance against Khan, do you now think differently since Judah is apparently just as good as a rising young star like Alexander?

He has something left in the tank, but Ive never viewed Zab as a fighter who fights consistently over 12 rounds, Khan does this in every fight. Its the typical puncher's chance fight IMO, I dont see Zab winning a decision.

Comment

Yes.

I overestimated Alexander and underestimated Judah.

I still think Khan wins.

I also think Lucas is a tad overacting because the burn of the loss is fresher in his mind then the Judah loss.

Comment

No. We all know Alexander is a very below average fighter. All this means is Judah is (maybe not very below average) but well below average. If the fight had gone a couple more rounds Judah would've gone to sleep. I still need to watch this fight to see why everybody is saying Matthyse got robbed. I believe it. Just haven't seen the fight yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          No. We all know Alexander is a very below average fighter. All this means is Judah is (maybe not very below average) but well below average. If the fight had gone a couple more rounds Judah would've gone to sleep. I still need to watch this fight to see why everybody is saying Matthyse got robbed. I believe it. Just haven't seen the fight yet.
          I'd look at Devon and Matthysse as B class fighters, and Judah as a B+ fighter. Devon could be better, but he needs to learn how to use his legs more and put punches together with more authority. Matthysse on the other hand isn't going anywhere. A punchers chance can only get you so far. Once he runs into a guy with respectable power, a good chin and good boxing skills (notice how his last 3 opponents only had 2/3 of those), he'll look even more average than he already has.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think Matthysse looked very good last night either, he looked alright but didn't exactly impress me. He was slightly better then Alexander, who looked really bad in some parts of the fight tbh.

Without giving it much thought, Judah is probably ranked no. 5 in my personal JWW ranking, so he's a solid fighter of course. But Khan will beat him.

Comment

Judah > Alexander.

This is undebatable.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Judah > Alexander.

This is undebatable.
                Yes it is.

The definition of debate

Comment

Khan still beats Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    No. We all know Alexander is a very below average fighter. All this means is Judah is (maybe not very below average) but well below average.
                    One of the worst posts I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Yes, Alexander was overrated, but your comments show time and again that you have no rational perspective whatsoever on boxing.

I know you resent being paired with him, but you and Check do enough work between the pair of you to lower the overall intelligence quotient of posts made in this forum in any given week by at least 25%.

Comment

Working...
                    X