No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez and Kell Brook in preliminary talks for summer showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anxious Times View Post
    Marquez struggles against black fighters.
    werent casamayor and gainer black?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      werent casamayor and gainer black?
      What he meant to say was that he struggles against black fighters when they are naturally 30-40 pounds bigger and a decade younger in their primes.

Comment

No chance Marquez comes over. Drug testing will be far more stringent in the UK.

Comment

Marquez will take a bad beating in this fight, its going to be hard too watch.

Comment

Fan of both fighters, Marquez more so but I don't see how he wins. Brook is bigger, taller, younger and punches hard. Only positive I see for Marquez is that Brook has slower feet/movement than Bradley.

Comment

I've got Brook having a fairly easy time dismantling Marquez. Possibly dropping Marquez when he catches him attacking. Stylistically it looks like a pretty bad match up for Marquez.

Brook will keep Marquez at the end of his punches all night, Marquez has to make his opponent play offense, at this age I don't think he has the speed at this weight to deter Brook while coming forward.

Brook isn't a dummy and he showed he has the patience and calm mind to pull out a victory against this old Marquez.

Comment

Said it before but if Brook can't get Khan then this is the fight to make.

I think Brook takes it.

Comment

Sounds good to me, 2015 is already looking better than 2014. Make it happen Hearn and TR or Beltran or who ever Promotes him.

Comment

Working...
                  X