Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Ouma...how did you score it before the TKO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG vs Ouma...how did you score it before the TKO?

Obviously GGG worst performance and alot of circumstances leading up to the fight where he was up for days and had visa issues and such...we all have our bad days and this was GGG bad day...I just read an article after that fight that says "GGG should go down to 154 if he knows whats good for him"...LOL funny knowing what we know now...anyway I had it 5 rounds to 4 for GGG going into the 10th where he clearly winning and then got the TKO...

Ouma won a few but yeah he wasn't winning going into the 10th. Good experience for GGG and a bad trip to the hospital for Ouma.

Comment

He won 5 or 4 rounds. Don't remember.

Comment

Yeah, it's one of those where it's kinda hard to score - actually very close in terms of RBR but with Golovkin getting the more damaging shots in throughout which ultimately sealed the fight. I re-watched just a coupla days ago, and didn't score RBR but it was certainly closer than I recall upon first watching (not live but still a coupla years ago).

5-4 or 4-5 would certainly be reasonable, but I'd hesitate to put either fighter wider than that (although, embarrassingly I did post a year or more ago that I couldn't see how a fellow poster coulda put Ouma ahead at 8 - first flush of GGG love I guess). Golovkin was catching Ouma hard but sporadically, whereas Kassim was avoiding GGGs attacks well and catching Golovkin repeatedly - whilst perhaps not hurting him badly, I've not seeen GGGs head knocked back as many times before or since (possibly combined).

Comment

Healthy and well-rested Golovkin is better for his opponents, than tired or ill Golovkin. When not being able to KO opponent fast, GGG is killing them slowly, as in Ouma and Rosado fights.

Comment

Working...
          X