No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vic Darchinyan-Shinsuke Yamanaka Set Down For April 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vic Darchinyan-Shinsuke Yamanaka Set Down For April 6

New Jersey - A date has been set for the highly anticipated WBC world championship fight between, Vic "Raging Bull" Darchinyan (37-4-1, 27 KOs) and Japan's undefeated WBC bantamweight champion, Shinsuke Yamanaka (15-0-2, 11 Kos). The showdown will take place on April 6, 2012 in Tokyo, Japan. On the line will be Yamanaka's WBC Bantamweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

*looks around* well...I like this fight

Comment

A solid bantamweight Yamanaka stands a good chance against Vic. I for one will be picking the JP guy.

Comment

Very good fight.

Can you imagine how great boxing would be if anyone above 118 fought the type of fights vic d does consistently? Spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          Very good fight.

Can you imagine how great boxing would be if anyone above 118 fought the type of fights vic d does consistently? Spectacular.
          I was about to say, despite what a lot of guys think about Vic and the flack he has copped by many people, he has consistently faced the very, very best competition the sport has to offer more than any other fighter I can think of in any division.

Moreno
          Donaire
          Mijares
          Agbeko
          Mares
          Pacheco
          Perez
          Arce

Even the Kirilov's and Rojas' are impressive titlists among the rest. The only guy that comes close to that type of run recently would be Froch and he hasn't faced such top competition for as long and as consistently.

The fact he is 35 or 36, and still facing P4P fighters and young, undefeated champs is amazing. Really doesn't get the recognition and respect he has earned. Among the 'warriors' of the sport, Darchinyan is one of the few guys to always back up his talk by fighting the best of the best, fight after fight.

Man, I really hope he wins this. Don't know whether he has enough left anymore and Yamanaka is a good fighter with excellent speed, good counters and general boxing skill and is a hard puncher too and very tall compared to Vic. Will be hard.

Comment

Working...
          X