Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Pac doesn't pull the trigger now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
    Marquez isn't gonna refuse that kind of money and trust, it's gonna happen. Roach said he doesn't want to face Marquez, understandable, stylistic nightmare for Manny but even he acknowledged that he has to do it one more time. Boxing fans, people in general aren't gonna forget what happened last night and Manny can't possibly move on like that.
    Well, considering he's been under the public's eye (mainstream popularity) since late 2008, it's understandable that he'll be looked upon with disdain from avid boxing fans and those who've only been watching boxing for the last year or so.

But this kind of stuff happens all the time (decisions). Hell, I bet half the people on this board (who watch boxing regularly and have seen dozens of past fights) were thinking, "They're gonna' give it to Pacquiao." once Buffer announced the first scorecard.

Mayweather should just step up to the plate NOW and beat Pacquiao before he looks even worse and people jump on the "Pacquiao's shot...no credit if Floyd beats him now" bandwagon.

I hope that fourth fight doesn't get made. Because even though this has nothing to do with boxing strategy what I'm about to say, "Márquez isn't winning the fourth fight." and I was rooting for him every time they fought. I just don't think Márquez can feel equally motivated after last night and after being so close three times. It's very, very discouraging. He'll lose the fourth fight, I'd bet huge on it, but I like him, I really do. Sucks that Arum's milking it...

Comment

Also PAC needs to get rid of like 30 of his people around him. Go back to the basic when it was just the people that matter. PAC still train hard but it's like there's no purpose behind his training anymore, kinda remind me of rocky when rock was training to fight mr t and all the media was in the gym having a party haha. Now when PAC train it's like a show for people to come and watch. PAC is not discipline anymore, pac's so used to people obeying by what he wants that he's missing the whole point of why those people are there. Like alex for example, in the 24/7 in some clip u can see manny and alex talking and manny is telling alex how manny doesn't need to do that excercise and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        Also what happened to the PAC that bangs his gloves together and invites the other fighter in to fight or the one who puts his hands in the air when the opponent connects just to show it barely hurt him. Something is missing from the pacman dont know what it is but it's gone for the time being.
        Ring generalship and counter-punching is a beautiful thing. It causes doubt in a fighter as his output drops while he second guesses when to throw. Manny did seem to think he could out think a thinker in the ring for whatever reason. Normally he does just fly out the gate guns blazing ready to trade in every round, but i think Marquez had more to do with it by neutralizing his offense rather than Manny trying to be technical. Manny is still Manny.
        Last edited by p4p-champ; 11-13-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Also what happened to the PAC that bangs his gloves together and invites the other fighter in to fight or the one who puts his hands in the air when the opponent connects just to show it barely hurt him. Something is missing from the pacman dont know what it is but it's gone for the time being.
          Whats missing , sloths , weight drained opponents coming of bad losses , Mosley showed the pre curser , JMM exposed him again and Floyd will bury him , people are making excuses for being so gullible .

Oscar was 145 and needed IV fluids to gain 2 pounds , Steve Forbes showed where Oscar was at at this point in Oscars career .

Cotto was damaged goods coming of a terrible beating , CWed .

Mosely was ducked openly until he showed he was shot , he still exposed Manny is not much when in with a skilled boxer .

Margo was a sloth and weight drained coming of a beating and 2 years out .

What is wrong with you guys , how long you gunna live of Hatton who was also looking like **** since his come back .

Really what is in Mannys WW resume , nothing but made to order opponents that were cherry picked and Catch weighted , get of the hype the party is over .

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
            It will, I see a different attitude when the 4th fight happens. No more trying to get technical, it's get bruised up, lumped up, cut while (Possibly) grabbing the win
            This is not an attitude problem. He is getting hit more often is more tentative now. The more he comes in now against JMM, the more he gets bruised up and cut.

Comment

Perhaps he's declining but Nacho and Marquez both said before the fight, that Pac's new, more cautious style is a benefit to them as he is more predictable now.

Comment

no pac didnt slow down

cant ppl here see the reason pac so hesitant to throw was because jjm was countering him very fast and actually outlanding him and backing him up when he tried to attack.jmm ajusted from the first two fights and fought a very smart fight last, i had him winning by two or 3 rounds

Comment

Also by not having Khan spar for whatever reason is a bad thing. Using Rodela, and the other two guys is such a bad thing. They are slow and easy to hit.

At least with Khan Pac's speed went up.

Comment

Yeah he had a couple of looks and things last night, but not very much like you say.

As for Mosley, that was a joke. Mosely does touch gloves too much and stuff. It just seems Manny's not going off on his own idea's of gruelling it out a certain round, and is just plodding along. Then post fight its the same old, I fight in the ring and my promoter blah blah blah.
                    Last edited by Kris Silver; 11-13-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Its called being cautious of JMMS timing and counter punching ability.

Noobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X