Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The supposed blueprint to beat Mayweather shown by Oscar De La Hoya and Castillo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The supposed blueprint to beat Mayweather shown by Oscar De La Hoya and Castillo.

Both fights a few haters assume he struggled in - even though Mayweather won twice against Castillo and by what should have been a UD against DLH - took place at weights Mayweather Jr was debuting at.

So to think that those techniques can be repeated at 147lb, a weight that Mayweather is now comfortable at, is pretty far fetched. Opponents like Victor Ortiz can try, but I doubt they'd have the same degree of success.

There is no blueprint to beat Mayweather,41 have tried 41 have failed.....

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      There is no blueprint to beat Mayweather,41 have tried 41 have failed.....
      While it's annoying to hear him say, it is true. Well 40 have tried at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
        Both fights a few haters assume he struggled in - even though Mayweather won twice against Castillo and by what should have been a UD against DLH - took place at weights Mayweather Jr was debuting at.

So to think that those techniques can be repeated at 147lb, a weight that Mayweather is now comfortable at, is pretty far fetched. Opponents like Victor Ortiz can try, but I doubt they'd have the same degree of success.
        I don't care what the judges said Castillo beat him, Oscar lost cause he had no stamina after 8 rounds should have borrowed Mosley's EPO

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          I don't care what the judges said Castillo beat him, Oscar lost cause he had no stamina after 8 rounds should have borrowed Mosley's EPO
          So the blueprint to beat Floyd is to go the distance, barely land any clean punches, and hope the judges give you a gift decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            Sometimes i think hardly anyone has even watched this fight on here. Oscar lost because he couldn't land any significant punches and Mayweather did, if he had no stamina it's because those stupid little flurries he throws trying to steal rounds were missing and he was getting countered inbetween throwing them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
              Sometimes i think hardly anyone has even watched this fight on here. Oscar lost because he couldn't land any significant punches and Mayweather did, if he had no stamina it's because those stupid little flurries he throws trying to steal rounds were missing and he was getting countered inbetween throwing them.
              I know what you mean. People see a SD and think that means Mayweather should have lost.

Comment

If Castillo from those two fights could fight Mayweather today, and weight not be an issue, he would do even better. That style would be more effective against Mayweather today than it was then.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  If Castillo from those two fights could fight Mayweather today, and weight not be an issue, he would do even better. That style would be more effective against Mayweather today than it was then.
                  And how did you come to that conclusion? Mayweather has actually become more comfortable fighting on the inside, and standing toe to toe as he has matured. I think it would be easier work for him.

Comment

The key to beating Fraud Gayweather is to make him fight an opponent with a pulse who isn't washed up.....oh wait: Pretty Gay Fraud won't do that.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X