Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Applies Pressure To Get Mayweather's Answer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I always thought. This fight happens in September for Floyds last contract fight. Cotto passing on Canelo means only one thing, him and Floyd will rematch May 2.

Pacquiao's plan B should be Canelo at catch weight or Khan. No Jessie Vargas crap.

I know people are exhausted and desperate but from a business point, it makes more sense to do it in September. They will say its his 'last' fight, more drama means money.

Cries for boycott and insults havent fazed Floyd in the past and they wont now.

Word of the day in Patience. If your name is 'Money' you make this fight in September, bottom line.

If Manny beats either Canelo or Khan, he can maybe make more demands at negotiations. But if its Jessie Vargas, he gets the same cut.

Comment

I'm confused i thought Top rank didn't want May 2nd now it's May 2nd or no fight.

Comment

holy shlt this is one fuking coward!!!!

Comment

Manny gave Floyd the lion's share of the revenue, the date he wanted, the venue he wanted, the drug testing protocol he wanted, the gloves he wanted... so what else does Floyd want? Does Manny have to s*ck his d*ck too? I can see it now, the new Fl0mo rally cry- 'Suck that d*ck, Manny. Stop ducking'.

But seriously though... why is Floyd working on a Cotto deal right now when everything he wanted, Manny agreed to?

Comment

Originally posted by Roja's480 View Post
            I'm confused i thought Top rank didn't want May 2nd now it's May 2nd or no fight.

you're not confused...you're an idiot.

that date is part of floyd's demands and pac's side agreed to it...arum or top rank may not want it but they have no choice but to get on with it

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
              If Manny wants to put pressure on someone, try putting it on HBO to agree with SHOtime on the particulars because according to the executives at both networks they are at this point in the negotiating process.
              There is no fight if HBO and SHO can't come to an agreement. Also no contracts are drawn up until all parties agree on all points.
              So to push the agenda that Floyd needs to sign the contract is bogus, just like Bob Arum stating prior to the Algieri fight that the networks were in agreement regarding broadcasting this fight.
              I think HBO would frown on Bob and Manny if they pulled out of this fight after they have taken the time to sit down with Shotime to reach an agreement.
              I really hope this fight happens and no one backs out this time around.
              this is a very factual way to look at it ..bob has stated everything was in order..that was a lie..and manny and bob doe have the ability to say look we not fightin anyone big on hbo unless u make this fight..300k will continue to be all u get out of us

Comment

HBo should take the short end of the stick and let floyd either say yes or no..if manny wins he sells millions every time he fights again..and HBo wins..if he loses he sells 300k...thats wat he's already selling since he is only willing to fight 140lbers and top ranks stable..so yall have to be kidding me with this sign floyd..floyd aint bout to let the company who ditched him and let ppl on their networks call him a woman beater make big money off of him...deal with it..thats why u dont burn bridges

Comment

Originally posted by Roja's480 View Post
                  It was a ruse.

Top Rank teamed up with De La Hoya to claim May 2nd for Canelo vs Cotto in an effort to gain negotiation leverage with against Mayweather.

Floyd knew that in order to reap the benefits of the May 2nd PPV date, he'd have to give something in return, which was probably the split and he went from a 70/30 all the way to giving Pac a 60/40.

This seemed to work out well in Top Rank's favor. But, Al Haymon, being the sneaky rascal that he is, went out the back door and started talking to Cotto about a rematch with Floyd.

Then, Cotto played hard ball with Canelo forcing Canelo to give up on the Cotto fight.

So now, Canelo has no opponent for May 2nd who carries any retail value. Pacquiao think he's going to get the May 2nd date with Floyd, but we all know there's something about that Pacquiao guy that makes him reluctant) So in the end, it is going to be Floyd vs Cotto on May 2nd.

Floyd basically wins again. He successfully ducks the Pacquiao fight which he never wanted in the first place, he gets to fight on May 2nd, and he gets to fight the best version of Miguel Cotto. (best version because Cotto was undefeated until he lost to Floyd)
                  Last edited by ReIoaded; 01-19-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
                    Like I always thought. This fight happens in September for Floyds last contract fight. Cotto passing on Canelo means only one thing, him and Floyd will rematch May 2.

Pacquiao's plan B should be Canelo at catch weight or Khan. No Jessie Vargas crap.

I know people are exhausted and desperate but from a business point, it makes more sense to do it in September. They will say its his 'last' fight, more drama means money.

Cries for boycott and insults havent fazed Floyd in the past and they wont now.

Word of the day in Patience. If your name is 'Money' you make this fight in September, bottom line.

If Manny beats either Canelo or Khan, he can maybe make more demands at negotiations. But if its Jessie Vargas, he gets the same cut.

your trumpet is really out of tune these days

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      Manny gave Floyd the lion's share of the revenue, the date he wanted, the venue he wanted, the drug testing protocol he wanted, the gloves he wanted... so what else does Floyd want? Does Manny have to s*ck his d*ck too? I can see it now, the new Fl0mo rally cry- 'Suck that d*ck, Manny. Stop ducking'.

But seriously though... why is Floyd working on a Cotto deal right now when everything he wanted, Manny agreed to?
                      Who says he's working on a deal with Cotto? People keep reading the part where Mayweather and Cotto's camps had discussions but ignore the part where the discussions were MONTHS AGO. We do have substantiatal evidence from multiple sources including those directly involved that Mayweater-Pacquiao are still negotiating as far as the TV deal is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                      X