Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most dissapointing prospects of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you have become a world champion you are no longer a prospect ( I.E Judah, Ortiz)

Comment

Fransisco Bojado and Ricardo Williams, Bojado looked like a coal-eyed killer and Williams was silky-smooth with a little pop in his gloves, i thought for sure they were the next big things, but not Grant i knew he was too nice of a guy for this game.

Comment

In the last 10 years or so, definitely Bojado for me. What a trainwreck of a hypejob.

Comment

Audley Harrison.

Comment

he can turn it around still,but Matt Korobov has been disappointment so far

Comment

ive a bad feeling we'll be adding mike perez to this list in a few years

Comment

damn there's a lot of haters!
                dude clearly said to leave your personal feelings out. haha.

opinion is strictly supposed to be based on talent vs. accomplishments...

haters.

Bojado was a dissapointment. I was rooting for the guy.

Comment

don't know whether he's a prospect or not, but i kind of had some high expectations for jason litzau. he looked promising to me at least. Panchito Bojado got lost around the way. those two come to mind off the top of my head.

Comment

Like someone else mentioned, Yordanis Despaigne. I watched his fight with White, and in the first two rounds, he was schooling White, but he had this lack of focus about his body language and then all the sudden he was getting hit left and right and seemed not to care. Despaigne, although never scored an Olympic medal, he dominated Pascal in the amateurs, went 1-1 with Dirrell, and had a close back and forth brawl with Korobov, and Korobov later said that Despaigne was his toughest fight ever. I think Despaigne could still go far if he stays focused.

Speaking of Korobov. This guy looked like a powerhouse when he debuted as a professional, and all the sudden he started looking average, and even somewhat tentative and also losing rounds against guys that he should be blowing out inside 4 rounds. I have a feeling when Korobov starts to really step up, we're going to find out he's a disappointment.

Like someone else mentioned, Henry Akinwande. This guy had it all, size, athletic ability, one punch KO power and good boxing skills. He would have these lackluster performances where he'd be very tentative, and then out of nowhere in his next fight, come in and DESTROY dudes. (Go watch his fight with Jeremy Williams). Then he fought Lewis and got DQ'd for excessive holding, what a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                    X