No announcement yet.

Your Scorecards Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Scorecards Here

I'm not sure if anyone has done this but let's see what the scorecards were like last night? And if you mexicanas were even sober when watching the fight

I'll go first with mine -

Round 1 I gave to Canelo, not much in it but Cotto didn't work down the stretch, could have been even but I was trying to avoid even rounds

Rounds 2-6, Cotto, the 6th was the closest but in all the others, Cotto threw more, landed more, moved better, had Canelo missing with those wild, looping shots and worked really well to the body. Even Canelo's corner seemed agitated at this point

Rounds 7-9, Canelo, really started to impose himself physically and finally started to land those big, wide loops on a consistent basis. Cotto looked like he was tiring the same way he had done against Margarito and although he moved well continuously, he wasn't throwing enough but...

Round 10 and 11, were cotto. Especially 10, which I think even the idiotic guys on boxnation scored for Cotto (may have been the 11th on their part). Cotto regained his punch output and Canelo started looking for one big shot, in his mind, he wanted the KO but it didn't help him here.

Round 12, Canelo's most decisive round in the hwole fight, backed up Cotto, had him cut, finally had him looking lost. Canelo impressed wit ha good last round, as he normally tires down the stress. I liked the resilience he showed here and wanted to fight till the last bell.

115-113 Cotto.

Post away, let's actually have a boxing discussion rather than a mexican/floydick circle jerk.

I missed the first two rounds, but I'll put them @ 1-1. After that, my personal scorecard was all over the place.

I didn't put any punch (clean, body, w/e) over any other type of punch in terms of value. Cotto got more jabs and effective volume as well as slightly better ring control, Canelo got more hard head shots & body shots and sloppy aggression.
    I had it a draw. Give or take a round. Very even fight in all rounds.

Also, can we PLEASE stop calling Roach a good trainer? He's so insanely limited. Imagine if Pacquiao hooked up with JDJ or Atlas now. He could learn some smaller details that would carry him another ten years. Roach is too one-dimensional.

Comment

I stopped scoring it around the 9th because I was struggling to give rounds to Cotto.

I might re-watch it if I can be arsed but you're trying to create controversy where there isn't any.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I stopped scoring it around the 9th because I was struggling to give rounds to Cotto.

I might re-watch it if I can be arsed but you're trying to create controversy where there isn't any.
        THIS.

Literally stopped scoring after 10 rounds though. 3 rounds a piece after 6 and then Canelo every round after and quite clearly. No need to score the final rounds although Canelo did win them too.

Comment

Wow man you are actually going all out trying to claim Cotto won?? i was rooting for him but he got beat up man.

Comment

Whatever you do PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! do not make a slow motion thread

Comment

I have to watch it again. I was black out drunk last night.

Comment

I had it 7-5 Canelo. Had him down 4-3 after 7 and then he pretty much took over. Lots of close rounds in the first half.

Comment

120-108 Canelo (of course i'm totally unbiased)

Comment

cotto got clearly defeated but if I am being nice you can give him 3 rounds tops.

thats it nothing more, what round did cotto clearly win? the 4th? lol that like the only clear round you can give him.

Comment

Working...
                    X