Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't Devon Alexander the perfect debut for Danny Garcia@147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they'd consider that too big a risk that Alexander makes Garcia look bad.

Comment

I think Devon is a tough ask for Garcia, I think its a 50/50 fight personally. Devon has a great chin but is open to jabs and left hooks so Garcia will be able to tag him, but if Lamont was able to box Garcia then Devon will definitely be able to win rounds. Whether he can win enough is another thing.

I think the biggest thing about Garcia's career is that they have somehow been able to keep his undefeated record going (just!) so the mystique is still there. It has kept him open for a big pay day against one of the top guys. He hasn't been matched vey hard, so they have kept him earning, I think Angel has had something to do with that as well as Haymon obviously.

But I personally think he has found his level, and it's not elite. He is a level below that in my opinion but they are still trying to dress him up as an elite guy, especially his father. I think it will come crashing down eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Devon wud be a tough fight for Danny imo, i cud be wrong though..i am trying to picture both of their styles in the ring together...

From what i have read Devon is fighting Chavez next and the winner will be mando for Brooks IBF title
        Chaves will have one of the better WW resumes if he keeps up at it. He really needs to get a W against Alexander though, which I think he's capable of getting.

Comment

I think Alexander would beat Danny. It's a good fight though, would love to see it.

I don't think Chaves is fighting any PBC guys btw, I can see him fighting Brook next if the Brook vs Rios fight doesn't get finalised.

Comment

Well it would be way better than a fight with Paulie., that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X