No announcement yet.

Man...This is not working out for Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man...This is not working out for Floyd Mayweather

His supposed last fight is going to be a big anticlimax at this rate. I am sure he is a little disappointed with the situation. The current landscape is not really working out for him, obviously its not the end of the world whoever he chooses it will be a big event and will be a good fighter. But if it happens to be his last fight would have been nice for him to go out with a bang, or someone which gets fans excited, I think his career deserves that.

Khan surely isn't a great option after that performance, Floyd will spend much of the build up probably defending the fight to the public, which can't be appealing especially for the last one.

I think Haymon will not want the fight either as it could damage Khan's stock to a irreparable level if he gets wiped out, he could lose two fighters in one night.

The level Floyd has set himself makes it slim pickings to be honest, I think Brook and Thurman are the two best options at WW both being champions and undefeated. I wonder if they would pull Thurman out of the Collazo fight for September. Lets see how Brook does tonight, if he looks like crap as well it could be another option down the drain.

Realistically Cotto has to be in the frame in my opinion. Even though the first fight was clear, it was a good fight and it would obviously be for another belt at another weight even if it has got a bit of a paper feel on that front, there is an angle to work from. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Cotto loses to Geale or also looks like crap and scrapes through. Geale is a good fighter, GGG's power is just a game changer but if you read between the lines Geale will be a handful for Cotto. But again it looks like Canelo if he wins anyway.

Not looking good for Floyd, what does everyone think?

floyd said something like, im not gonna fight a top guy, but it will be someone solid, he basically said, im a fighting a bum for my last fight doe

Comment

Originally posted by 52vialsofblood View Post
      floyd said something like, im not gonna fight a top guy, but it will be someone solid, he basically said, im a fighting a bum for my last fight doe
      Yeah I remember but not sure what he has in mind. Maybe he is thinking Khan, it will most likely be a low contact/damage fight, which is probably what he is wanting. But I am sure he was hoping Khan was going to look better than that, so he didn't have to defend the fight. If Khan had looked great, it would have been the best option by far, commercially as it is ppv in both US an UK, and stylistically it would be a strategic, long range boxing contest against one of the few top guys where he has a good chance to score a knockout. I think Floyd is probably really pissed with Khan's performance last night.

Comment

floyd can do whatever he wants at this point. he owes no one anything.

he could fight a salka and i would pay to watch his last fight.

Comment

I really think Mayweather should fight Cotto.
          He could get the middleweight title against one of the smaller middleweights and a man he already beat.

Also Cotto bring in the fans/money as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
            He could get the middleweight title against one of the smaller middleweights and a man he already beat.

no that would be a waste he all ready beat Cotto

Comment

It should be brook or Thurman.

Cotto needs to fight golovkin or retire

Comment

It actually doesn't matter who he fights now. He's just beaten the one person people realistically gave a chance so he doesn't have to justify his pick to anyone.

It would've been an issue if he hadn't fought Pac yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post

Cotto could never fight in September. It is way too close to his June fight. If the fight was in November, maybe there could be a chance. But in September? No way.

Comment

He could fight Lara , Thurman or Brook. They are all more deserving than Khan and harder to beat than Khan. If Cotto fought him Cotto would probably be stripped of his middleweight title. How many years is the WBC supposed to let Cotto get away with not fighting his mandatory challenger GGG? Mayweather beat Cotto by a wider margin than he beat Pacquiao. There is no real reason for a rematch other than for Floyd to win the middleweight title from a fighter who is NOT the best middleweight in the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X