• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn wants Froch-Groves II at Wembley, Groves financial split only issue

43:20

He thinks they can do 60,000-70,000 at Wembley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHMTO...ailpage#t=1834
    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-26-2013, 03:08 AM.

Groves has to realise that if he get's this fight it will be a voluntary, and as such he can't expect a big split.

Comment

it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Groves has to realise that if he get's this fight it will be a voluntary, and as such he can't expect a big split.
        You can look at it like that, but it's also a legacy fight for Froch. IMO Froch can't retire without beating Groves convincingly.

I'm sure there are Froch fans out there who think the stoppage was correct, but I'm willing to bet the majority, or at least a very large portion, of those who saw the fight knew it was a robbery and disgusting stoppage by the referee. That's something that's always going to be brought up with Carl Froch, unless he gets this rematch and beats Groves convincingly. Froch has probably made so much money, that he doesn't care what anyone says about him, but it's something that will not be forgotten in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          Froch has probably made so much money, that he doesn't care what anyone says about him, but it's something that will not be forgotten in boxing.
          Froch has stated he's not motivated by money, but rather respect and recognition from the boxing public. That's why I always believed the rematch will happen.

Comment

LOL, this fight won't sell out Wembley. It should be at a smaller stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              He wants a 50/50 split.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                I recokn they'd get 40,000+ they don't have to use every tier.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  He's not intending a sell-out, aiming for 60-70k.

Personally I think it's a huge fight, that's only going to get bigger as they go at each other on TV in the build-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                    I recokn they'd get 40,000+ they don't have to use every tier.
                    Why not use the Emirates, then?

Comment

Working...
                    X