No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnathon Banks Destroys Seth Mitchell in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Too many people are wined, dined, and seduced by unbeaten records.
    It's not unbeaten records, it's unproven fighters with suspect skillset. You could tell which undefeated fighters are the real deal and which one's are not even before they step up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I was never that big on Mitchell~

What do Europeans have to do with this fight, last I checked Banks is an American. Also last I checked two guys are dominating the heavyweight division, who happen to be brothers, good for them they are quality fighters the rest of the division American European or otherwise aren't close to them.
      See Adamek Banks

Comment

I really like Mitchell, a big strong muscular and entertaining heavyweight but if you fight the way he fights you need to have a good chin. Banks is not the biggest puncher and the weight difference was verry big so Mitchell sadly has really a glass-chin. Its a shame. If he had an chin like Arreola he could be much more successfull but you cant fight the way he fights when you cant take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          It's not unbeaten records, it's unproven fighters with suspect skillset. You could tell which undefeated fighters are the real deal and which one's are not even before they step up.
          No you couldnt. So manny good looking prospects get exposed when they step up, especially when they cant take a punch well.
          Best example is Amir Khan, a guy with verry good skills who just cant take a punch.
          Last edited by Tobi.G; 11-18-2012, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
            See Adamek Banks
            Did I claim Banks was good? Adamek-Chambers~ a 1 armed Eddie Chambers.

Comment

So, Mitchell's now out of picture...

Now we wait on Wilder...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Now we wait on Wilder...
                He is another guy who has yet to prove he can take a punch. He hasnt even faced anyone in competition. He hasnt faced anyone close to the level of Banks, Witherspoon and Ibragimov. So far he is only fighting small fat bums.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Thats not true. The only way you tell can an unbeaten fighter is real when they look great is when they answer questions that can only be answered when they face greater tangibles and intangibles. So many people are tricked by the zero at the end of the record. Anyone can look sensational till you see what happens when the other guy hits back and doesn't fold. Until they are beaten, anyone can claim they can beat everyone because there is no reference of a loss to indicate otherwise but losing becomes the measuring stick or more importantly, how they lose, and how they comeback, to how good they really are.
                  Last edited by richardt; 11-18-2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Now we wait on Wilder...
                    Wilder was always the better prospect.

So much for football players being able to box.

Comment

Now we wait on Wilder...
                      I still think Bryant Jennings is the best American HW, he has looked very impressive so far, he doesn't have much power but has a good work rate and throws punches in bunches. Unfortunately he too waited very long to finally start boxing, just wasting away playing basketball at the local rec. He's had just 17 amateur fights, and has been pro for like 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X