No announcement yet.

greatest human accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greatest human accomplishments

what do you think are the greatest feats reached by man in his entire history as an evolving, thinking being?

here is a shout to the guy who invented printing and the one who discovered antibiotics as a start...

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    what do you think are the greatest feats reached by man in his entire history as an evolving, thinking being?

here is a shout to the guy who invented printing and the one who discovered antibiotics as a start...

the olympics

the internet

america ( . the fun part will be deciding whether or not i am joking.)

boxing (not really on the level, but i'm biased.)

literature

math

art might be a broad one, but if you include every possible medium (and i mean everything. from a painting, to an advertisement, to a speech, a movie, a song, and back) i might say art.

Comment

Alexander the Great. Conquering the world from the eastern mediterranean to India. The battle of gaugamela his men outnumber 5 to 1, 10 to 1 by some estimates. Not to mention quelling the greeks constantly nipping at his heals hoping he was dead. All of this before he was 30. Name me one man that has accomplished so much in so little time.

Comment

Man on the moon.

Comment

Invention of birth control

Comment

The Chicken Nugget

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

I think putting a robot on Mars has to be up there somewhere. Discovering evolution. The invention of reliable birth control. Synthetic fertilisers. Vaccines.

Comment

Whoever invented flip flop and nail polish.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  the olympics

art might be a broad one, but if you include every possible medium (and i mean everything. from a painting, to an advertisement, to a speech, a movie, a song, and back) i might say art.
                  i think humanities is an essential extension of man's thought processes so yes, i agree... specially the creation of music...

Comment

Music, it brings people together.

Comment

Working...
                    X